The Nissan Club banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Spoilsport.

I on the other hand lucked out, being able to work on engines now perceived as magical, like Ford Boss 302 and 351 and 429, as well as Mopar 426 true hemi and 440 6 pack, and so many 454 BBC I can't count. We raced AMCs and had 406 inch street cars that could rip off 10.70s @ 130 mph 1/4 mile through the mufflers. Good 500 hp. engines. The 304 above came out of a station wagon and the advertised 150 hp. engine ran 11.80s and .90s @118 mph all while being under 8.5/1 compression. It made around 375 hp. We raced true AMX cars, the two seaters like Corvette. Our race car ran in the nines at close to 140 mph.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts

I had one painted like the one at top. Also the lime green one at lower down, had one of those too. Lower down they show the AMC/Edelbrock crossram intake that used two carbs, we removed those and went to a single four barrel setup that was faster as well as easier to tune out. All back in the mid-late '70s.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The phrase “ricer car” is common in the street racing and high-performance tuning community. However, it’s usually a derogatory term towards the owner and their car. In most cases, the person saying the phrase will use it in a mocking tone, as Throckmorton did in this case.

The others who don't like the illegal, loud, raspy exhaust include your neighbors, local and State Police, and Traffic Court judges. Don't believe me? Drive you loud ass grocery getter, with the lighter racing tires in the front, and an alleged 225 HP to a local Police or Sheriff's station, rev it to about 5 grand, and ask the officer's opinion about the street legality of your non muffled "race" car. You will in short order be meeting a Traffic Court judge, hopefully none of people you meet there will be rude to you.

Here I go again, saying something that will upset you.

You are using this 2005 Nissan Altima 4dr Sedan as the basis for what you perceive as a "Race" car, wanting to Supercharge it, but you have neither the tools, experience, or knowledge to remove a broken bolt from the exhaust manifold. This is you from September 29, 2022..." I have the 4-1 DNA motoring full race header not installed yet because i don't have the proper tools yet, so i took it to him and he got four of the bolts off of my exhaust manifold but one he claims gave him so much trouble that he cut it off!!! very sloppy for having a shop by the way.."

You picked the wrong car. Neither the transmission, engine or chassis were designed for "High Performance, strip/track" use.

Thomas Tusser is credited with this saying: “A fool and his money are soon parted

You will understand that phrase much better as you buy tools and high-performance parts for your 18-year-old car or pay someone to modify it.
well duh not everyone is lucky in the job world it took me a minute to get on my feet but i have a great job now and the tools . so of course i can get stuff done now.... and ive owned 3 cars modified them myself and kept the proper maintence on them and never had any major issues except what you expect from high mileage vehicles still did the proper stuff to them and they lasted me a good long while. you do realize there are tons of maxima and altimas both the 2.5 and 3.5 out there with descent mods to them there quick and very reliable. plus my uncle sold the dang thing to me for 300 bucks cuz he thought it was on its last breath and it was not!!! i brought it back to life with what i had and with having good neighbors that love cars helped when i had no money!!! sorry im not rich and cant go out and buy a brand new GTR!!! i work with what i got and i love fixing up cars that people think are not worthy to modify. so guess what im not loosing no sleep over it im happy with my Altima . And where i live police do not mess with you unless you flooring it around late at night. in my little city there are several muscle and import cars with loud exhaust and in my 34 years of living here never have i ever seen someone or been the person being pulled over for my exhaust being too loud, plus officer Salsburry and officer Meeks love the way my car sounds. oh and i dont just gun it all over the place to bring attention to me or the car!!??

·
Registered
24 Posts
A classic question there.

Your car will look fantastic if you go dual. But the thing is that no power will be gained. Due to the engine's improved ability to breathe, dual exhaust will significantly increase your power. Thus, dual exhaust may be worthwhile if you want to increase horsepower.

·
Registered
Twin turbo, 3.5 inch exhaust, modified ECU, 6 inch mini tub, custom built roll cage, online tuner
38 Posts

Your car will look fantastic if you go dual. But the thing is that no power will be gained. Due to the engine's improved ability to breathe, dual exhaust will significantly increase your power. Thus, dual exhaust may be worthwhile if you want to increase horsepower.
Huh??🤯😳🥺🤔😒😏🤭😀😃😄😁😆😅😂🤣

·
Registered
2,816 Posts

Wow...just wow!

How does one write jibberish like this?

Contradict yourself much?

How long did you write technical papers for Twitter? Musk was a fool to let you go when he bought the company.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Dual exhaust on a four spreads the exhaust power pulses out too much and they are needlessly louder without making any more power. When you spread the pulses out too much you lose any semblance to exhaust tuning, the pulses are too widely spaced to produce any sound wave action. The closer the pulses are the more the contained sound then interferes with itself to quieten the exhaust. Another reason why single pipe is used on grocery getters.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts