The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some new tires, and they are already starting to look a little grey and faded.

How do I keep the side walls looking jet black and clean and new looking?

I asked a guy at the goodyear tire store, he said stay away from armour all products.

·
The Edge
284 Posts
best thign for tires is a aviation product called ICEXII. i'm a mechanic and have access to this product. it doesn't shine the tire but makes it a deep rich black, basically it conditions the tires, i think shiny tires look whack and they attract too much dust. this product is used and made specifically for rubber and we use them to recondition wing de-ice boots to prevent them from cracking

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
Black Magic works good, suggestion: don't by those color black magic tire gel, it's so sticky that your tires end up getting more ugly than if you never have the tire gel.

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Tire Gel works great!

I use the Groit's vynle cleaner, expensive, but this way the tires do not look bling blingish...
I've used every product mentioned in this tread, I still think the Groits Garage product is by far the best. Last longer than the Meguires although it does shine less which IMO looks better.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
i have the grape smellin stuff, i forget what its called though. its purple.

come to think of it, i think its Maguires

·
Registered
49 Posts
Black Magic - Tire Wet. The stuff looks awesome, lasts for at least 4-5 days. Word of caution, though: if you spray it, do it at a carwash or someplace. The spray will also leave little semicircles of "shine" on asphalt, and lasts a really long time. (!)

·
8,112 Posts
Altastic said:
Black Magic - Tire Wet. The stuff looks awesome, lasts for at least 4-5 days. Word of caution, though: if you spray it, do it at a carwash or someplace. The spray will also leave little semicircles of "shine" on asphalt, and lasts a really long time. (!)
All tire shine and rim cleaner's do that. My driveway is full of them.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts