The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting four of the kenwood KFC-XW1225dB or two of the 2ohm L7.
I was thinking of maybe going all kenwood with the KVT-911DVD, KNA DV2100(Nav System), KHD-CX910(Music Keg), C929 10 Disc CD Changer, and four KFC-XW1225dB.

Which would be louder the four kenwood's or the two kickers?

If kenwood what kenwood amp(s) would I need to push all four?
If kicker what kicker amp(s) would I need to push the two L7's?

Then I would add either kicker or kenwood componets depending on what subs I was to get.

Also what is a good headrest/visor monitor, and what is a good flip-diwn screen(I heard NESA?)?

Thanks to all those who reply,

P.S: Please do not mention other amps/speakers I want to go for a theme.

Thanks
Yotaru

·
Bigpapa
172 Posts
Kicker L7 will be the best way, and the kicker amp 1200.1 I'm going to get that for my car soon.

Kicker sound better then kenwood.
Don't for get to get the kenwood KDS-P901 DSP

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh yes forgot to add that and the KSC-900CTR(center speaker), good I ahve to find a job quick, this is going to cost a lot.

And how does a a mono channel amp work with 2 subs?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The Kicker L7 sounds like ass compared to a real sound quality sub, but the kenwoods aren't much better... personally if i was going to do a same company speaker/sub/amp combination it would be A/D/S, but the amps are just ungodly expensive, but the subs and speakers are unbelievable, if that is out of the price range maybe Alpine, they make better subs than Kicker or Kenwood (sound quality wise anyways), better amps than Kenwood and as good of speakers as either.... then you always have the option of getting the same company head unit also.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yotaru said:

And how does a a mono channel amp work with 2 subs?
it works just great.... LOL

you just wire the speakers in parallel or series depending on the voice coil configuration and amp stability....

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should of put
How does a mono channel amp work with 2 subs?
I didn't mean to sound like an ass, I just don't know how car audio stuff hooks up and runs.

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I'm going for looks I think the L7 have a good apperance

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yotaru said:
Also I'm going for looks I think the L7 have a good apperance
If looks are more important than how they sound then go ahead, but why ask our opinions then?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yotaru said:
I should of put
How does a mono channel amp work with 2 subs?
I didn't mean to sound like an ass, I just don't know how car audio stuff hooks up and runs.
You just have to make sure the impedance of the subs are higher or equal to what impedance the amp is rated for by wiring the subs in series or parallel.... not sure what else i can tell you without you being more specific in your question....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Oh yeah if looks are important and you want a theme i would go Eclipse... the Aluminum or Ti subs are fantastic looking

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
have u heard of MEMPHIS AUDIO??? im pushing 2 12s with 1100 watts at 1 ohm..ported box..sounds clean

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont like how Kenwoods sound at all, so im goin with the kickers. I dont really like kicker either, but there better than the kenwood!

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
kicker > kenwood

i agree with rthompson about the other speakers and amps he has named.

i think kenwood is good only for decks IMO, kicker is after spl not sq. so its all about what you want

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SPL for some smaller competitions around my area, and also I think the titanium cone has a good look, not to bland.

Thanks for all the replies

Anyone have input on visor/headrest lcds, and dropdown screens?

·
Registered
288 Posts
About hooking up two subs to one amp...it's easy. We'll use single voice coil subs for the sake of it being easier. Okay, so each sub has 1 positive and 1 negative terminal. All you do is connect the two speakers together, then connect 1 positive and 1 negative to an amp. I'll try a little diagram:

This is what is called parallel wiring

Amp(+) <-->Sub1(+)<-->Sub2(+)
Amp(-) <-->Sub1(-) <-->Sub2(-)

This is what is called series wiring

Amp(+) <-->Sub1(+)
Sub1(-)<-->Sub2(+)
Sub2(-)<-->Amp(-)

I hope that explains that for you...but about your whole plan, I'd definitely agree with rthompson and go with Eclipse if you HAVE TO have everything the same or themed or whatever.

I'll also agree with rthompson when he said why ask our advice if you're going for looks. If you care about how it looks then just choose whichever one looks 'cooler' to you. If you want my opinion, the L7 is disgusting looking...and I hate it even more because it gave way to a whole slew of shitty, weird shaped subs(xtant hexagon, bazooka triangle, new sony pentagon, wtf??).

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the diagram pretty eas to do now that I see it like that.

I love your guys opinions, but in my very first post I said which to go with kenwood or kicker and at the bottom it says please don't offer any other types. Cause I already ahd my mind set on one of those to. Everyone should read the entire post.

Thanks
Yotaru(Kris Layher)

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
Yotaru said:
SPL for some smaller competitions around my area, and also I think the titanium cone has a good look, not to bland.

Thanks for all the replies

Anyone have input on visor/headrest lcds, and dropdown screens?
just make sure the screen is a TFT LCD, its worth it for the extra money.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
m3dia_lab said:
just make sure the screen is a TFT LCD, its worth it for the extra money.
Don't you mean "active matrix"? Because some of the cheapest 5" ones I see say they are TFT. But the active matrix ones all seem to cost quite a bit more for the same size.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Out of the two u, I'd go with Kicker. @ 12" L7's, 1 1200.1. I would recommend the Clarion vrx925vd or 935vd screen. It is touchscreen like the kenwood, but also plays mp3's and has a better screen and is fully motorized.

Screens for the headrest: You said Nesa? The screens that I carry (ProVision) come from the same factory in Korea as NESA.
Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts