The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys need your help. I had my 1999 nissan altima rebuilt and semi restored, can't find sun visors. However I am attempting to self program new key fobs and followed all kinds of videos. I got them from remotesremotes.com. I am not sure if you need one of the original keys. I have 3 copies and none of them open the trunk.

Please if someone has done a remote upgrade please tell me how to do it. I kicked the doors from the inside and put key in 10 times and also turned to accessory nothing flashed. Does it have to be redone by computer? Also ordered 3 new nissan own keys from the dealer and they will cut them.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,024 Posts
Looks like you don't need programming for the remote functions...other than the below:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tried that already and wouldn't work. I have old keys made up over the years none are miss an oem keys

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,024 Posts
Could be a couple of reasons why the keys don't open the trunk...they could be valet keys or the trunk may not be original. Usually valet keys won't open the glove either. I don't think your year had transponder keys...so if the programming isn't working, maybe it's the electronics that are kaput?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts