The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 altima and have 2 keys. Earlier in the year my main key battery was low so I changed it, and after changing the battery the car said key id not recognized and it wouldn't work with the car at all. So I just decided to use my spare. Now the car is telling me the battery is low in the spare and I'm terrified to change it because if it messes this one up I can't even drive to a dealer to fix the problem. Does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 2013 altima and have 2 keys. Earlier in the year my main key battery was low so I changed it, and after changing the battery the car said key id not recognized and it wouldn't work with the car at all. So I just decided to use my spare. Now the car is telling me the battery is low in the spare and I'm terrified to change it because if it messes this one up I can't even drive to a dealer to fix the problem. Does anyone have any advice?
Just to throw is out there do you happen to keep both keys together while starting. I have seen few Invalid Key ID. What I do is touch the start stop ignition button with the key fob and that resolves my issue.
When battery show its running out of juice you can do the same thing. touch the starter with the key fob and the car should start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to throw is out there do you happen to keep both keys together while starting. I have seen few Invalid Key ID. What I do is touch the start stop ignition button with the key fob and that resolves my issue.
When battery show its running out of juice you can do the same thing. touch the starter with the key fob and the car should start.
I actually dont have the other key that messed up, it's been at my parents house 6 hours away since that happened. So only the one key. I guess I'll attempt to replace the battery again and pray it doesn't mess up but I will try the trick of touching it to the starter and see if that works if it does mess up. Its not under any warranty or anything anymore so I'm just worried if it does mess up they're gonna charge me out the ass to reprogram it

·
Registered
286 Posts
I actually dont have the other key that messed up, it's been at my parents house 6 hours away since that happened. So only the one key. I guess I'll attempt to replace the battery again and pray it doesn't mess up but I will try the trick of touching it to the starter and see if that works if it does mess up. Its not under any warranty or anything anymore so I'm just worried if it does mess up they're gonna charge me out the ass to reprogram it
Just go to the dealer and ask them to change the battery or bring a battery there. Then if there is a problem they can show you how to resolve it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
While I may be stating the obvious, pay careful attention to the placement of the old battery before you remove it, particularly the '+' and -' sides. The '+' side needs to face the bottom of the case

Insert the new battery, type CR2032, exactly the same way. See page 8-27 of your manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts