The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched what i have found does not work..does anyone know of any other ways to do it...im really pissed right now cause i want thius shit to work and still nothing

97.5 gxe

·
Registered
119 Posts
Shouldn't cost anything to reprogram the remotes. It is an easy process. It didn't cost me anything when I got mine done. dude if you were here in south flo I would do it for you. But it is simple. and should be free

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Three steps must be followed to establish the "setting mode": 1. Close and lock all doors. 2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than six times in ten seconds. (the hazard warning lamp will then flash twice) * At this time, the original ID codes are eliminated. 3. Turn the key to the "ACC" position ID code entry: 4. Push the lock button on the new remote controller once. * At this time, the new ID code is entered. 5. To enter additional remote controllers, unlock, then lock, the driver's door with the door lock/unlock switch L/H (in main power window switch). 6. Push lock button on the new additional remote controller once. 7. This ID code entry enable state and setting mode remain until the driver's door is opened. NOTE · If the same ID code already exists in memory, the entry is cancelled, and no ID code will be entered. · Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to set more will be ignored. · Any ID codes entered after termination of the "setting" mode will not be accepted. Additionally, remote control signals will be inhibited when an ID code has not been entered during "setting" mode.

These instructions work for Altima, Maxima as well as other nissan vehicles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This should work man.....Hope it does

~scott

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx..i've tried that insert key deal atleast 8 times no hazard flash.....should the alarm switch be on or off..tried it both ways

·
X Factor
546 Posts
Let me call my buddy back real quick, he said that should've worked

~alright, he said to make sure you are pulling the key out completely each time (MORE than six times in 10sec)...if it still didn't work I'll give him a call while he's at the office tomorrow and he'll be able to figure it out...look back on here tomorrow afternoon and I'll tell what I found out.

Oh yeah, and also make sure you are just putting it in the "ACC" position!

I will def. get back with you tomorrow....is this a new system you are trying to program or is it factory? Are you sure it is equipped with keyless entry (I'm just trying to get some facts b/c I know he's gonna ask these questions....lol)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, I had a problem with this too. I had done it myself before in the past, but it did not work anymore. After countless attempts, I decided to buck up at the dealership. They said the reason it would not take (the hazards would not flash) was that some sort of sensor in the alarm was burned out. This was apparently located in the door? Well, they replaced it and it is good as new.

·
X Factor
546 Posts
I called my friend back today, sorry I didn't reply faster but I got pissed at the busy server earlier today........lol

That should have worked without any problem....those steps are used for every Nissan vehicle.......my friend is a master mechanic for a Nissan Dealership and I'm sure he knows what he is talking about, like "scanplannedit" said, it could be an internal problem with the actual unit itself.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

~Scott

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scott thanks you've been more then helpful...my car has been in the shop the last few so i havent tried it since..but i finally got my CV joint replaced and now the ride is all rotated and balanced...once again thanks for your input...but now after i have tried everything several times ....its dealership time and i really hate to do that...but thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts