The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my friend install my 2 JLAudio W0's with a Kenwood 350 watt amp in my 1995 GXE and it sounds sweet. I got it for $160 from my brother(including all the wires and all). I havnt been around many 'systems' but for what i got it for its a sweet package. I built my own box; it looks kinda ghetto but it works well with the subs and all. Anyone recently setup a system in their altima? if so what componets do you have in it?

·
Registered
288 Posts
m3dia_lab said:
i betcha mine 1 12 is louder than your 2 10's....

see sig
I'm not so sure about that media...no doubt your shiva is loud, but the 2 10s just have you flat out beat in displacement, and the JLs are pretty efficient.

I bet yours sounds better though:)

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
w0's are nothing to brag about, i have never been impressed by them. good price but i woulda rather spent more money and gotten something a little nicer quality.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
i have a used 12w0 under my bed, i used it for 3 or so months, the shiva completely blew it away....

look at spec charts...

the shiva is also more effiecent i could tell just by switching the drivers out...

i have the 12w0 in i just droped the shiva in changed no settings at all and i could tell it was louder by a few dB

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
shit...at one time I had (3) Ground Zero 12 Hydrogens...I bet they sounded better than a shiva!
oh yeah (1) kicker zr1000
that was fuggin loud!

·
Registered
288 Posts
m3dia_lab said:
i have a used 12w0 under my bed, i used it for 3 or so months, the shiva completely blew it away....

look at spec charts...

the shiva is also more effiecent i could tell just by switching the drivers out...

i have the 12w0 in i just droped the shiva in changed no settings at all and i could tell it was louder by a few dB
I didn't say the w0 is louder or better than a shiva in any way. I said his TWO 10s would be louder than your ONE 12...it's just a fact of life, he's got more cone area = more displacement. That's all I was saying...I know that a shiva could own a w0 in a side-by-side.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
invisible21 said:
I didn't say the w0 is louder or better than a shiva in any way. I said his TWO 10s would be louder than your ONE 12...it's just a fact of life, he's got more cone area = more displacement. That's all I was saying...I know that a shiva could own a w0 in a side-by-side.
the pair of 10's have slightly more cone area, but the Shiva has a HUGE advantage in swept linear displacement.... not that it has to be linear to be loud... LOL

personally i think it should be very close in SPL, SQ is subjective, but i like the shiva more.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
bushdog said:
shit...at one time I had (3) Ground Zero 12 Hydrogens...I bet they sounded better than a shiva!
oh yeah (1) kicker zr1000
that was fuggin loud!
I had the Nuke 12 and IMO it really had nothing on the shiva SQ wise, it was very close..... From all accounts that i have heard the Nuke is better sounding than the Hydro, but i havn't personally heard the hydro.

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
prolly not the best sq sub out there, I'll agree with that...but damn did those fukkers move air!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
bushdog said:
prolly not the best sq sub out there, I'll agree with that...but damn did those fukkers move air!!!
For its time the Nuke and Hydro were beasts!!! sounded respectable (not quite up with the current SQ subs), and could take a boatload of power!!!

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
imadigitalgod said:
yea, i am not bragging oranything i jsut thought they sound pretty good for what i have
yes i agree they are good speakers, but i ****ed my tinsel leads up very easy, they (JL) need to make there speakers better, thats MHO on JL audio.

·
Talib Kweli
275 Posts
my 2 type R's sound good. ran em parallel to an alpine mrd-m500 amp. it thumps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts