The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turns out a friend of mine, his father knows a wholesaler for pioneer and klipsch
all this for $700

This powerful, versatile receiver brings serious home theater performance. THX Select brings high-octane theater sound to typical TV rooms, for the best movie experience possible. Automatic MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System) with 5-band EQ offers studio-quality set-up and calibration of your system, and it works in any room. The VSX-1014TX delivers a full 110 watts x 7, with MOSFET amplification circuitry that ensures clean, efficient power at the precise instant it’s called for by a song, a movie, or an explosive game soundtrack. Dolby Pro-Logic IIx can create an amazing 7.1 channels from 2-channel sources, putting new life into 2 channel material. And Video Conversion converts S-Video and composite video into component video, so you only need one video connection out to your TV/monitor.

Power Amplifier Design A.D.E MOS FET
Surround Power 110 W x 7 (20HZ - 20kHZ @ 8 ohm, 0.09% THD)
Stereo Power 110 W x 2 (20HZ - 20kHZ @ 8 ohm, 0.09% THD)
Digital Decoding & Processing
Digital Engine Motorola 48-Bit / 180 MIP
THX Select
Dolby Digital 5.1 Yes
Dolby Digital EX Yes
DTS 5.1 Yes
DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 Yes
DTS 96/24 Yes
DTS-Neo6 Yes
Pro-Logic II DPLIIx
Pioneer Advanced Theater Modes Advanced Surround 8 Mode
Virtual Surround Back Yes
Mid Night Listening Yes
Loudness Yes
MCACC Yes
Speaker Configuration Yes
Speaker Size Yes
Speaker Level Yes
Speaker Distance Yes
Acoustic Equalization 4 Band
Analog to Digital Conversion 96kHZ / 24-Bit
Digital Analog Conversion (DAC) 192 kHZ / 24- Bit
Audio (Tuner Included) / Video Input 8 Audio / 5 Video
Audio/Video Output 2 Audio / 2 Video
Digital Inputs 5
Optical In 3
Coaxial In 2
Optical Digital Output 1
Multi-Channel Input 6 Channel
Audio Preamp Output 7 Channel
Composite Video Input 5
Composite Video Output 2
S-Video Input 5
S-Video Output 2
Component Video Input 2
Component Video Output 1
Headphone Output Yes
Front A/V Inputs Yes
AC Outlet 1
Banana Speaker Terminal Yes
SR Control SR+
Speaker A/B A/B

one of these:

http://www.klipsch.com/media/Products/1.RC-35.pdf

6 of these:

http://www.klipsch.com/media/Products/1.RSX-5.pdf

one of these

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thajones said:
Not bad...only Pioneer's upper eschelon receivers are worth buying. If it doesn't say "THX," forget it.

Question is, what video is being paired with this?
i was going to get one of the lower eliete models, but that was only 6:1 and this has the auto calberating function, everythign else is the same, also this one is THX certified and the eliete isn't

as far as video, the room is small so for now im using a 32" wega that already have, also linking this system up to a Dell media center PC.

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
That is some really nice stuff man...he got another set?

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ not really sets, just gets everything for cost from the manufacture, i just told him what i wanted and he called up pioneer and klipsch and said send me

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Son of a bitch! That system is going to kick so much ass...
I wish I could get a surround system for my apartment. Cost is not the issue, but my paperthin walls. Not only would I have the lady next door breaking her hands on her wall, but anyone leaving the building would get a play-by-play of whatever I had going. Until I get a better place, I'm satisfied with my lil' Creative 2.1 rig.
When I get a house, it's gonna have a quality screening room for whatever I can throw at it. I have a ton of movies on DVD that I wish I'd caught on the big screen.

·
4,020 Posts
Not enough Component Video Inputs for me (I have 3 HD component inputs right now, not including my PCs new card that I want to run wiring for)...

·
4,020 Posts
Xtrema said:
Meh, most of them has only 2 in 1 out for component. Just go buy a mutli source switcher and you're set.

BTW, real 7.1 > virtual 7.1 especially with THX mastered DVDs.
Nah, not true High End systems, plus its much easier to have one thing to switch sources, then many. Upconverter from composite and S-video to component is also a nice feature on higher end Harmon's, Denon's and Onkyos.

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
You can convert Composite to Component? How can that work? Doesn't the quality suffer tremendously?

I have a 20" Daewoo flat screen with component input (the only reason I got it). Could I upgrade to a bigger size with S-Video and just convert it with no loss?

·
Registered
10 Posts
thajones said:
Not bad...only Pioneer's upper eschelon receivers are worth buying. If it doesn't say "THX," forget it.

Question is, what video is being paired with this?

Recievers that say THX are only given that designation because they have PAID George Lucas to add the emblem. Most all speakers of decent quality meet that standard.

I have auditioned many speakers (low end bose :davey: to high end David Wilson audio. IMHO Klipsch is nice but you have to like a shouty sound. The horn speakers they use seem to bark in stead of a nice smooth tone.

A good resouce forum for investigating audio equipment is Hometheaterforum.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts