The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking forward for it to come out. It should be a pretty good game but who knows!! I can post some links if anyone hasnt heard of it.........but the "hype" says it's supposed to be the "halo killer" only time will tell if it will be better....

Siggy says it all :D :D

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
/\ glad you can read, i didnt say "halo 2 killer" but yeah okay, im waiting for a ton of games to come out(one being halo2)

·
Registered
1 Posts
DrgnBdy said:
/\ glad you can read, i didnt say "halo 2 killer" but yeah okay, im waiting for a ton of games to come out(one being halo2)
Glad you can read too. I didn't say you said that. I AM saying it.
It's not offtopic since it's the same license anyways. It would be offtopic if I mentioned a different license such as Doom, Half Life, 007 Goldeneye... And for many people there is already a Halo Killer, it's called Metroid Prime :)

·
HIT EM UP F0000000
2,613 Posts
TOUGHtima said:
Glad you can read too. I didn't say you said that. I AM saying it.
It's not offtopic since it's the same license anyways. It would be offtopic if I mwtion a different license such as Doom, Half Life, 007 Goldeneye... And for many people there is already a Halo Killer, it's called Metroid Prime :)
IMO metroid isnt even compared to HALO,nor its a killer to HALo:D ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
l0rdinfamousxx said:
IMO metroid isnt even compared to HALO,nor its a killer to HALo:D ;)
IMO it is. And IMO MO is what matters :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k I hear you, for some people it isn't, but for many others including myself, it is. I admit they are alike yet really different :embarasse

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Metroid wasnt really my type of game, each his own........anyway here is some info on the game

+ 11 mission (single player)
+ 4 squad members (single player)
+ each member has different attributes
+ multiple paths on levels
+ 26 Hand held weapons ( knives - rocket launchers)
+ Weapons have secondary functions
+ stationary weapons like turrets in levels
+ 15 enemies (humainoid + mechanical)
+ 2 player co-op (offline)
+ 12 player (team based) (online)
+ several battlefields (on line)
+ headset for team communication (on line)

also has rag doll physics........so no more arms and bodys halfway through a wall lol

"Now here’s a discipline that seems like fun to do… animation. For a character to move about, the model is rigged to a virtual skeleton, and all vertex points (which we call the points where two or more lines of polygons meet) of each limb are connected to each ‘bone’ of this skeleton. These animations are brought into the game and endlessly tweaked to make them look as realistic as possible. We use two different kinds of animation routines in Killzone – calculated and real time. The calculated movements are predetermined by the process described above, but the real timers are just gems of programming genius. We used to have really dramatic animations of dying Helghast falling to their knees, but the problem was that sometimes, the character could end up with some parts of his body in a wall or hill. To counter this, we introduced rag doll physics. This is a process where, as soon as a character dies, a physics engine (emulating gravity, friction and momentum) kicks in and animates the model. Because this system takes things like walls into account, the lifeless body now neatly drapes over railings, slump against a wall or be thrown off its feet by a grenade and land with its limbs lolling around like a (wait for it) ‘rag doll’. That’s it from me: enjoy the game!" from OPS2 magazine

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
some people on the beta forum think this may bring the death of socom since they havent released any new maps, guns, fixed the gliches and such( i should know i play Socom2 online and its annoying as hell)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts