The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Altima Man
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a toshiba satelite pro 4600 laptop...i don't know anything about wireless adapters or routers and such...but the guy i bought it from said that it has an internal modem or something and i was searching around the computer and seen stuff for wireless networks or setups and stuff like that..i currently been using dial up that my kitchen computer has by just using my phone line but is there some way to use my laptop without a phone cord...since my kitchen computer has broadband is there a way to tap into that with a router? sorry if these are stupid questions but im just trying to learn the capabilities of this comp since the guy i bought it from is a jerk and he didnt tell me all that it can do b/c he knew i didnt know what he was talking about anyway..i used to work with him at a child abuse agency but i dont talk to him anymore..

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
make sure your computer has built in wireless.......802.11b/g are very popular. If it doesnt, get a wireless card, i highly reccomend "Orinoco" cards. Your router must also support wireless access and if it doesnt, you can purchase a wireless ethernet bridge. I would just reccomend getting a new router though, they are less than 50 bucks now a days.

·
Altima Man
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went on a web search and typed in toshiba wireless card and these came up
Toshiba WLS LAN MINI CARD 802.11G ATHEROS and
Toshiba Wireless LAN Card 802.11a/B

can somebody explain what these are and how they work and install and what else i need with it...also whats bluetooth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts