The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ECU threw up a knock sensor readout so I reset the ECU. I left it alone and didnt play my system for a week after I reset the ECU. I checked it today and it still says the sensor is bad.

How much does a new one cost? And yes I did a search but it didnt help me.

·
wannabe member....
145 Posts
D_169 said:
My ECU threw up a knock sensor readout so I reset the ECU. I left it alone and didnt play my system for a week after I reset the ECU. I checked it today and it still says the sensor is bad.

How much does a new one cost? And yes I did a search but it didnt help me.
how much? alot... like $179.00... mine does the same thing...i wouldn't worry about it...are you using the correct grade of fuel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use medium grade. I changed the fuel filter, pcv valve, spark plugs and oil recently. also changed altenator, pass side axel, and battery.

It idles funny and rpms change while I hold petal steady. thanks for the help.

where can I get a Knock sensor?

·
wannabe member....
145 Posts
try using 87 octane...that's what recommended...

you have to get the sensor at the dealership...

if you have a hanyes manual it descibes in detail how to test it....

·
Registered
234 Posts
My 93 altima does the same thing.

ECU reports code 34 for Knock sensor, I reset the ECU and it comes back.

Completed tune up, dist cap, rotor, plugs, cables, fuel filter, 02 Sensor, air filter, Egr selenoid, fuel injector cleaner (3 of them), valve cover gasket. The care feels better but still the ECU comes back with code 34.

Here in San Diego they want 200.00 + for the knock sensor and I am thinking of just leaving it alone.

Also tried different grades of gas with no success.

ank :angry4:

·
wannabe member....
145 Posts
i have been thinking that the knock sensor is being tripped by the engine vibrateing from worn engine mounts but i haven't gotten around to replacing them...

just a theory... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.