The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Qµì¢K L£ã®Ñ€r
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my tocs and springs in the rear. When i hit bumps i hear this knock sound. I thought something was hitting my trunk from underneath. Anyways i check it out and found out that one of those bell looking things by the sway bar is closer to the trunk then the other. Since i am dropped i think that bell thing hits my trunk. That noise just pisses me off even on little bumps i get it. Any ideas guys? how to stop it.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
do you have a S.T. rear sway bar? Do you have an after market exhaust? If so, most likely it is the rear sway bar hitting your exhaust. I have like a .5" clearance on mine and noticed that it is most likely why I hear that sound.

Like TPhelps said, turn up the music, you should only hear it when hitting larger bumps

·
Qµì¢K L£ã®Ñ€r
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got an aftermarket muffler. I was thinking of puting some foam stuff where the knock sound is. What u guys thing or just duct tape it.

·
22,052 Posts
Replace your exhaust hangers with smaller ones. Aaron's Greddy was banging on the lower crossmember, and the worn out hangers were to blame. They stretch too much and let the piping hit the crossmember every time he hit a bump.

Spent like $7 at the parts store and got 3 new, slightly smaller hangers, and the noise completely went away. I thought it would be the sway bar hitting, but I got under the car, shook the muffler, and sure enough, that was the problem.

·
8,112 Posts
D1m said:
I just got an aftermarket muffler. I was thinking of puting some foam stuff where the knock sound is. What u guys thing or just duct tape it.
DO NOT USE DUCT TAPE!!!

Your exhast gets extreamly hot and you could start a fire. Now wouldnt that suck.

·
Qµì¢K L£ã®Ñ€r
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thanks for you help guys but i got under the car and i can't see how the muffler hits my car. I just need a fat guy to jump inside my car so i can see where the sound is coming from lol.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Don't those GReddy's drone in the freeway?

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
PT said:
Don't those GReddy's drone in the freeway?
Only when going up an incline, or slowly accelerating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts