The Nissan Club banner

kool blue vs. K&N

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ace 
#1 ·
does anyone know if kool blue pulls the same HP gain as K&N? i wanna get a new filter but i dont know the difference between the two brands. all i know is k&n filters are a little boring compared to kool blue which makes me wonder if kool blue is just a gimmick considering they call cold air intake just a filter with a hose running out the end of it

#2 ·
you must have not searched, the button on top of the page. use it but generally a CAI has better low-end performance and a WAI has better mid to high end performance. are you talking about getting an intake system or just the cone filter too? if you can get HKS filters and Injen are better

#3 ·
Apex has the best filters but they aren't oiled and are pretty expensive.

HKS uses foam filters which are general garbage, they don't filter well and they can also flake into you intake.

I don't know cool blue but I assume they are some cheap knock off brand.

Get the kandn

#7 ·
i haven't really heard anything about kool blue. ive seen it on tnn during the powerblock and ads are starting to pop up in soprt compact car i was just wonrdering if anyone has heard about them

#8 ·
I've never heard of them in my life either.

#9 ·
KN. They've been industry leaders for 30+ years.

Sure you'll always find other brands that get a 1 or 2 HP increase, but yu mut remember that the KN filters much better than they do

Foam filters are garbage.

However if you feal like spending mucho casho, Apex makes good filters as well, however are once and done (unlike a KN which will last forever)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.