The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in getting a LCD screen/entertainment system for my Altima that would play dvds or avi's or something and I know I saw one on here a while ago for something like $450 but I havent been able to find it. Anyway I would like one that would go into the dash and slide out when needed but I dont want to get rid of my 6cd disc changer. If thats not possible I would have to encorporate it somewhere else, like the sun glass holder for instance. Though that would probably obstruct my view of the mirror. If anyone knows of any please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
welcome aboard!!! you might want to to a search on this topic. look up Enforcer's ride or Akaotikpnoy's - they have lcds all over their pimp rides. But not the indash kind. I have a screen mounted on a stand that connects to the base of the front passenger seat. It really does not get in the way. I just can't keep it out of view when I park. The only way you can keep your changer is to get an FM modulator and the DVD's audio through a designated FM radio station. I am not sure of the quality of the sound though - never heard one. Hope this helped. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info I'll try and look for their cars. Can you do me a favor and post some pics or give me the links for your setup. Thanks I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Secure1347 said:
If thats not possible I would have to encorporate it somewhere else, like the sun glass holder for instance. Though that would probably obstruct my view of the mirror.
i wouldnt suggest putting a flip down screen in any car. first of all i dont think it looks too good and second cops will be all over you in seconds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh I pretty much ruled that out. I like the idea in the sun visors so I am pretty sure I am going to incoroprate that idea though you do lose the use of the mirror, but who cares. I want to start of with one sunvisor and add on later. I just have to get the model numbers from Enforcer and ask him how he installed it. I hope its a kind of job I can do myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
sorry, no pics. no digital camera...:( my setup is basically like akaotikpnoy's, except I mounted the DVD player under the passenger seat instead of in the glove.

Here are my components:

Sony mdx-630 H/U
Blaupunkt DVD player
Starvision 7" monitor
Rockford 300s amp
kicker L5 12'' sub

Soon to come:

2 5" headrest monitors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh Enforcer has a nice setup I just have to get the exact specs on it and weigh my options, oh yeh I will have to kill a few people to dig up the money, ha ha. I'm gonna take a look at akaotikpnoy now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Secure1347 said:
Yeh I pretty much ruled that out. I like the idea in the sun visors so I am pretty sure I am going to incoroprate that idea though you do lose the use of the mirror, but who cares. I want to start of with one sunvisor and add on later. I just have to get the model numbers from Enforcer and ask him how he installed it. I hope its a kind of job I can do myself.
Here is few pics of the visors installed
1995 Altima
1998 Altima
More info on the Visor

Also checkout our website for diferent LCDs :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those sun visors are pretty cool but I really want to keep my visors and but the lcd in them, though I know it will probably be more difficult, I like the looks of them better. The Headrest LCd is a possibility though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts