The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I haven't gotten a chance to check yet. But other than lose hoses/hole in radiator, what can cause coolant to leak? I found a puddle under my car. I hope its not head gasket or something...what can cause this, are there any common problems I should look for?

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
leaking hose
loose hose clamp
cracked water pump
cracked radiator
cracked coolant pipe
or cracked engine block, like the one I had about a year ago. :(

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flarearrow said:

or cracked engine block, like the one I had about a year ago. :(
if thats the case I am going to buy a low mileage KA24DE and do a nice buildup (port polish, pistons, rods, rings, cams) and put THAT engine in. that would be hot. of course I don't particularly have the money now :(

·
Shadetree Mechanic
2,228 Posts
For myself I noticed the coolant draining from the overflow but no puddles or drips? I then checked all clamps and it turns out it was leaking onto the heat sheild while running! Changed the hose+clamp(just for the hell of it) and she's fine.

·
VTEC wont save you....
1,939 Posts
I had the same issue.A little puddle under the front of my car.Funny thing is it would stop once the engine heated up.Upon checking the area where the leak came from...found it was the front hose that leads to the water pump.Got the new hose from the dealer and changed it out.It was a bitch though...the hose doesnt want to bend correctly for nothing.But have had no problems since i changed it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.