The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wheel gap solved.
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok over the last week i been noticeing puddles err rather drip spots in the driveway.. Didnt give it much thought besides chking the lvls untill spring time when i could get under the car and chk it out.. Welp warm day arrived i got under the car now see my ac pump covered in coolant and a little oil.. Dont see where the leak is comming from but it is on that side above the ac pump and just wanted to know if anyone had leaks above the ACpump and knew the location, seals, ect that go bad up there . I cant get major kind of work done myself in the winter time cause I have no garage atm I can work in. So I am takeing it to the shop my parents always have there work done at.. Would like to know what kinda of seals ect i am going to have to have replaced so the shop doesnt try and bend me over on the price..

Also if you think its something easy i can do in a afternoon tell me ill work in the cold if its something stupid.

Thanks guys and gals.

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
I think the only easy seal you can replace on your own is the one in the oil pan or the engine cover were it says TWIN CAM, other than that....you cant do $hit unless you take it to somebody

·
Wheel gap solved.
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ixna on the elpha! Hehe just figured it outand only took 2 hours to fix.. !st off it was the waterpump bearing went bad and drips down the block and hits the underive pully and splaters over the ACpump 35$$ for new pump with trade in took a tad bit of work but it went in fine.. When i was changeing the water pump i noticed it was leaking the oil from the crank pulley seal so headed downand got new seal took a bit to change could have used a pully puller but it finally came off with a little muscle <NUCKEL BUSTER OUCH!> put it all back together and took it down the the car wash befor i put all the plastic back washed it off took a 50 mile drive and no more leaks..

All was easly worked on threw the wheel well..

So.. so far this month ive replaced Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Coil, fuel filter, distributer, fuel pump, waterpump and crank seal, OK nothing better go bad for awhile hehe.. talk about a tune up GAH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts