The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MKII MR2 > *
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get a '02 3.5 SE within the next week or so. I'm not sure what the quality of Nissan leather is in the long haul, so I'm asking y'all.

Leather or not? Is it worth the extra, or should I go aftermarket?

:D

I can't wait!

What about the Bose Stereo, is it any good? I could go aftermarket on that as well. Does anyone know if the wiring is there for the system (installed at factory)?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 02 Altima has charcoal leather and personally, I think it looks great. The pics I have seen on the 03 Altima looks like the leather is not as nice as the 02. I checked the pics on Nissan's site and the 03 leather just didn't look that good...but it could just be the pics.

Anyway, I really like my leather and the charcoal interior is MUCH nicer than the frost or grey. There are a lot of plastic pieces inside, but when those pieces are dark and black, they don't look cheap...they look modern.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Bose system is expensive, but it the best stock system I've ever heard. Just get the loaded SE and you won't have any regrets.

·
MKII MR2 > *
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just called a dealer in Dallas, the first price out of his mouth for the car I wanted was $34,000 (bwhahahhaha, this is an Altima!)

I said, $26,000... he said "ok, maybe"

What a bastard. Time to do some looking in Houston. I think I can find a good deal on a loaded '02 3.5 SE.

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
M|22 said:
I just called a dealer in Dallas, the first price out of his mouth for the car I wanted was $34,000 (bwhahahhaha, this is an Altima!)

I said, $26,000... he said "ok, maybe"

What a bastard. Time to do some looking in Houston. I think I can find a good deal on a loaded '02 3.5 SE.

$34K?? :eek: What does that car include??? I think our car fully loaded is about 29 MSRP or so.. most people seems to be getting them for about 25-27k.. As for the leather.. I have the aftermarket leather.. it looks great, and I have two tone, which makes the car look even sportier.

·
MKII MR2 > *
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scottlny said:
$34K?? :eek: What does that car include??? I think our car fully loaded is about 29 MSRP or so.. most people seems to be getting them for about 25-27k.. As for the leather.. I have the aftermarket leather.. it looks great, and I have two tone, which makes the car look even sportier.
i asked him why it was so much (playing dumb here) and he said it was LOADED. They even ADDED stuff to it, like the following:

1) spoiler
2) wheels (just the standard 17" 3.5 SE wheels)
3) stereo
4) sunroof

By this point I was laughing so hard, he said "Why are you laughing?" I told him I could get that car for $26,400 all day long, and that I was looking for a deal on an '02, not looking to get ripped off. Told him to call me back when he wanted to talk.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,209 Posts
Love my bose...Hate the leather, but am living with it. If you can get the aftermarket leather .....it is much better

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
fabric looks too cheap, love to look of the leather, plus the heated seats in the winter are nice and toasty

·
driven
1,110 Posts
Is it safe to assume that aftermarket leather does not provide the heated seat optiion?? Up here in frosty Canada I really want the heated seat option and if I can't have it without factory leather then that will be the way I go...

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I personally like my Charcoal leather. You can get the aftermarket leather which is really nice but you will need to install this yourself or pay someone to do it. Whatever choice you make, you gotta have leather! Cloth interiors IMO is cheap and once you stain them, they are not the same.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I find my leather adequate. Don't forget that it gets you the electronic climate control, the cold package gives you a trunk liner which helps with road noise.

Aftermarket is great if you can do it yourself but I think a loose rule would be to triple the cost for labor. Other words, if you spend $500 for the leather, labor would be another $1500.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
i have to admit, my car is in the sun all day long, i have 35% tints and my black leather is more warm than hot, no problem here, i love the leather, no regrets

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,209 Posts
I have not found heat or cold to be a problem w/ the leather...I love leather..just not Nissan Altima Quality Leather

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've got the charcoal leather in mine and love it! I replaced the OEM wood trim with the factory match trim. I've got 35% tint all around so my seats have never been too hot. Also the seated heats in the winter are great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts