The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm done installing my leather kit in my car and all I have left is the front armrest leather piece. Now I've heard that you really cannot wrap the 2002 armrest for some reason, but the thing is that they don't make a frost leather armrest, just a cloth one. I've checked and double checked, even with David Burnette. Anyway, The stock 2002 and 2003 armrest won't match my leather seats and i REALLY want to use this. I heard somewhere that you have to have a 2003 armrest to rewrap it? So do I need to buy the frost cloth 2003 armrest and then wrap that one? I'd much rather have the padding too. I just want to make sure that you can actually wrap the 2003 armrest. You can right? IF so how do you do it?

I was thinking of buying some upholstery padding and adding it to the leather cover and then wrapping my 2002 armrest. IS that the only difference between the 02 and 03 armrest? THey just added padding the exact same piece? Or is it actually a totally different piece?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm damn I don't know what to do, so no one has wrapped or tried to wrap their 2002 or 2003 armrest with leather?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no way, they will charge at least $100 which I would rather do it myself. I'm too cheap for that crap.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
altimized02 said:
no way, they will charge at least $100 which I would rather do it myself. I'm too cheap for that crap.
I meant just take it there to see if it can be done. Just act like you are looking for a quote and see what they say it will take.

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
I did on mine. It looks fine from outside, but the armrest is not really popping smoothly after I tucked the thick leather in between the plastic molds. Check my register for some pics of it. I somehow cut the hold a little bit to far to the front and I am not able to tuck the front in perfectly. I'm thinking of buying an OEM one to replace it but my gf said no one can tell the different but me.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you add padding to yours?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts