The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 2015 Sentra SL and overall I love it! I previously had a 2011 Nissan Sentra SL, so it was interesting to see the changes and improvements. There were some nice improvements, but one feature that is very disappointing is the light output from the headlights and fog lights - which I always keep both on. It is noticeably less/worse than my 2011. Of note, the fog lights do not project very far but I had them checked and they are to-specs. Has anyone else had this observation on a 2015 Sentra?

I have been looking at aftermarket upgrades to LED lights for both the headlights and fog lights. The CREE ones look promising.

Does anyone have a similar experience or recommendations??

Thanks!

Jeff

·
w00t
2,232 Posts
You can't expect much from Halogen bulbs it can also be considered that the light patterns on the lens itself are of low quality and wide spread and not as sharp as the Altima's or that of an HID (D2R) lens.

The Retrofit Source have some high quality LED fog replacements for our cars... I believe yours are angled but just in case here is the link for both fogs.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...-led-fog-lights-type-nissan.html#.VqkWu1JIjGg (Angled)

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c.../morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-nissan-round.html (Flat)

As for your headlamps, buying aftermarket headlamps like the one's in CarID can increase light pattern output from their projector lamps, again you'd have to ask people with them installed to compare between them. I know there are a couple of guys in allsentra.com with the set installed. You can go completely custom and retrofit HID projectors but the outcome is totally worth it, not only looks but the light performance is amazing in itself.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm good with my 2014 SR headlight, but the fogs are purely cosmetics (which looks good on an SR bumper).

Maybe because of our low line-of-sight and the location of the fogs, (if not looking in the dash or switch) I could not easily discern if the fogs are turned on or not. I can notice some light coming on in the side pavement looking from the side window. But that's all.

With my mom's '09 murano with a similar (if not the same) rounded fogs, you can easily discern additional lights going on in the front pavement when turning the fogs on. But maybe that's because drivers are seated higher and have a better angle on the pavement.

Maybe we'll get a tiny benefit if there's an actual fog and extra lighting for incoming drivers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, after much research, it appears LED headlight bulbs will NOT work in my 2015 Sentra. This is due to the LED bulbs being longer and not enough clearance because of the headlight dust cover on the back of the Sentra headlight compartment. I have looked at all the measurements and it appears they will not work.

Has anyone been able to install LED headlights into a 2013-2015 Sentra?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LED headlight won't work in 2015 Sentra??

OK, after much research, it appears LED headlight bulbs will NOT work in my 2015 Sentra. This is due to the LED bulbs being longer and not enough clearance because of the headlight dust cover on the back of the Sentra headlight compartment. I have looked at all the measurements and it appears they will not work.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I was able to switch from halogen to LED on both headlights and fog lights using G5 LED lights which are 40w 4000 lumen. They are plug and play and really bright. The only thing is that due to the size of the cooling surface you will not be able to put back the dust covers. I have been using them w/o dust cover for over a month and even as it's been raining hard almost everyday I had no issues with water or condensation forming on any of the light fixtures. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LED headlight won't work in 2015 Sentra??

Could you please state all the measurements that you have got? Because I am thinking of replacing my bulbs by LEDs but I will need to buy aftermarket headlight dust covers so there is enough room for the LED cooling system behind each bulb.

My car is nissan sentra B17 (year 2015 which is currently sold in Egypt till 2019).

This information will help me alot to know which universal dust cover size will I need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts