The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the search function and I are having some disagreements, so....

Ive got a '99 GXE which needs a spoiler, desperately. But I dont know which would look better: the LED spoiler or the non LED spoiler. If I got the basic spoiler, would it block the 3rd brake light? Would it look ghey to have the LED on the spoiler and the 3rd brake light? If I got the LED, should I take out the 3rd brake light and is it tough to take out?

Does anyone have or could somebody take some pics of either or both?

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i've been pondering the same thing myself...I'm thinking of getting a LED spoiler and taking out the 3rd brake light...of course this means i'll be getting the tint redone on my car. My ex has a 98 SE and it has a LED spoiler with no 3rd brake light. Hope that helps ya out

·
Registered
145 Posts
alot of us 2nd genr's have been wondering the same thing....i myself just bought one with the LED...and i will be taking out the 3rd brake...fortunately when i had my tint done i removed it so there wont be a redo....

as far as what i think looks better....the LED most definately....whether or not it looks bad with the 3rd or better without i would have to say is up to you

·
4,020 Posts
On the first gen, I believe the OEM has LED's in the spoiler and then the third brake light is deleted in the window. The thing that sucks is when you remove the third brake light you have to fill in the hole or get a new shelf so there is no hole.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
REVEREND D said:
Nissan has a OEM cover for those hole. It usually comes with the spoiler.
Damnit. I never got one.

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
Yeah, my Altima has an LED spoiler. Each one still works perfectly, do they ever blow? If so, is it possible to change them?

·
Non-Newbie
476 Posts
TPhelps155 >Get the spoiler with LED. Disconnect the 3rd brake light in the window and use the spoiler one.
^^^^^^Yep, that's exactly what I've done on my 1st gen. I think that my 5% tint reallly helps the looks aesthetically, it does wonders @ covering up the 3rd break light in the window.

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So how about any pics?

Is it worth the trouble of removing the 3rd brake light to get the LED? Is the LED hard to install? How big is the "hole" when you take out the 3rd brake light?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have both the third brake lights & led in spoiler. Spoiler may block the third brake light (depending on the angle) but look damn good at night. It rains quite often in M'sia and to have two source of lights really helps (at night). The LEDs are still in good condition after 5 years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts