The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of u bought those blue LED washer nozzles~? i was just wondering how u hook the electrics up. would u hook them up to ur headlights so that they turn on whenever u switch on ur headlights?

·
1993 GXE
14 Posts
took me bout half hour to do, would have been faster if i could find my tools, and i kept dropping the ****in nuts and washers inside the hood.
mine is red, hooked it up to my turn signals.
you could do the headlight thing, but watch out for the ****in cops cuz that shit will stand out.

·
7,208 Posts
I Popped the hood open. Saw how to take the factory ones off. Carefully opened the package. Held the new lighted one in my right hand. Threw that stupid piece of rice as far as I could. Lauged as it hit the asphalt and broke into little pieces. Went inside and took a bong hit to congratulate myself for not putting rice on my car.

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
5,783 Posts
hook em up to your parking lights...it's alot easier that way. I got blue ones on mine and a blue underbody light kit. It looks tight. It's easy to install. i NEVER get harrassed by cops...i've actually had one cop say it looked real good. Just as long as the blue, white, and red colors don't flash or blink. Now make sure you don't hook up the ground wire to another wire in the parking light. If you do, when you turn on the turn signal, the light will turn off. Hook the ground wire to a bolt or nut on the car somewhere. Test the light before you actually hook it up to make sure....it's a Bit** to hook it up and take it all apart again. Good luck. ANymore questions just e-mail me at [email protected] aiight?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hooked mine up to a switch. They were a pain in the ass to install. I like it on a switch so I can turn them on and off whenever I want

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know that their kinda rice, that's why i was debating to myself whther or not to put them on. they're pretty cheap, but since u guys say that instalation is a bitch... i'm just gonna forget bout the whole thing... THNX for all your inputs tho.

G

·
They Took my and my friend about 30 mins to instal and wire to the toggle inside the cabbin. Here is a picture for those who have not seen it yet.

·
Nympho
176 Posts
moondawg1982 said:
They Took my and my friend about 30 mins to instal and wire to the toggle inside the cabbin. Here is a picture for those who have not seen it yet.

me and my friend are going to install these sometime this week, and was wondering if u could perhaps write a step-by-step install? or at least some guidance to do this. We also have purchased a switch for these.. .and wanted to know more info on how to install it to that... could we run a wire from the switch to any electrical device in the car? IE: radio? or anything of that matter. if not how did u hook up your switch?? please any info would be appreciated.

thanks, dave

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hooked mine up with the parking lights. Took the wires and hooked them up to a switch. Putting in the nozzles took me an hour. Cutting the hole for the switch took me a few hours - all I had to use was a swiss knife!

·
Banned
822 Posts
I think the hardest part for me was just getting them mounted. I couldn't get my hand in that little hole the 1st generation offers. But after a minute, I just bent back parts of the metal and got my hand in there. It took me about 30 minutes to do the whole thing, including wiring.

·
Nympho
176 Posts
Hok_97 said:
I hooked mine up with the parking lights. Took the wires and hooked them up to a switch. Putting in the nozzles took me an hour. Cutting the hole for the switch took me a few hours - all I had to use was a swiss knife!

see i understand that 'you hooked them up' but what i need is more of a instruction manual :)..... thats all i really need.

well mostly i would know how to install the lights and take the old ones off (i think at least) from what i read. But basically i need more of a electrical guide. well i want to know which wires (+ or -) to the switch? and from the switch to the battery. and another thing is how would i go about getting a wire in the cabbin for the switch anyway? that seems tough enough for me :/... and in the future could i simply just hook extra wires to the switch... with only 1 wire running back to the battery? (ie: is that going to be enough wattage on the one wire to run everything off the switch? bascially i want to install neons in the future from in the cabbin.. and simply hook it all to one switch.

Thanks in advance,

dave

·
Liquid-Ink Venom Kit!
783 Posts
Sorry but i would catch sooo much crap from the cops around here if i put those things on......i'm always getting scoped out by the cops cuz they are all over my town....hopefully they will realized one of these days that i live in this party town called Port Jefferson, NY....there are bars like every other storefront.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1. take outld ones. be sure to unhook the hoses first (u can either grab ye pliers and rip em out, our you can gently squeze the tabs on the side in and slide them out, i just riped em out)
2. make sure u go to ACE hardware or what ever and get a magnet wand. it looks like a car antena with a magnet on the en. do this because i GARANTEE you will loose the nuts in your hood.
3. stack the rubber stoper, washer, and nut on to of one aother and stick it inside a rachet head
4. thread the red/black wires down the hood and out the bottom (just let em dangle for now)
5. put the ratchet inside the hood and hold the washer with your other hand and ratchet for all your worth untill the washer nozzle is tight.
6. repeat 4 and 5 for other nozzle
7. if there isent a hole already in the engine bay into the cabin. make one. then thread the 2 sets of red and black wires through there so they come out behind the fuse box (the fuse box is on the left hand side of the drivers side. its the cut out peace of plastic under your steering wheel)
8. open up the fuse pannel and (make sure car is off) take out your audio fuse. they are all labeld on the back of the fuse cover.
spin the 2 red wires together and attach em to your switch, take another peace of wire and attach it from the switch to the audio fuse (attach it to teh audio fuse by wraping it around the metal part of the phisicle fuse and puting it back in the box.
9. ground teh black wires. you either attach them somewhere in the engine bay, or, you can take off the steering wheel plastic cover and there is a solection of bolts to ground to there.
10. put everything back on and your good to go. now, when you start up the car all u have to do is flip your switch, (even if radio is off) because the audio comes on regerdless

if i have made to many damn typos and u dont understand, email me and ill guide you through it

·
Registered
13 Posts
If U wanna run them 2 a switch then run the wires through the hood to the driver side. Pull the wires through the last hole. U R gonna have 2 make a hole through the firewall so U can pull the red wires through 2 the switch. Ground the black wires under a screw or to anywhere metal. Run a constant hot (seperate wire) to the switch.(make sure it is hooked up to the correct side!!) U can run this wire from UR fusebox. Run another ground from the switch to metal. Then run the 2 red wires from the nozzles to the remaining space on the switch.

·
7,208 Posts
Jubie said:

8. open up the fuse pannel and (make sure car is off) take out your audio fuse. they are all labeld on the back of the fuse cover.
spin the 2 red wires together and attach em to your switch, take another peace of wire and attach it from the switch to the audio fuse (attach it to teh audio fuse by wraping it around the metal part of the phisicle fuse and puting it back in the box.
That is f_cking ghetto, real ghetto, burn many fuses out yo?

·
Registered
41 Posts
wtf do u mean its ghetto?
its the easiest to rig, and the easiest to fix if shit goes wrong. if u hide the wires nothin else will bug you

wtf did you do? run it right to the batery.

id the electric flow is less then the fuse wattage then your fine. its actually better because then if tehrs a serge of some kind then u dont **** yer car

·
7,208 Posts
you can buy an inline fuse, and a wire splicer, splice the wire into a wire that is currently running hot from your acc switch, put an inline fuse after the splice and before the switch. Wrapping a wire around a fuse then sticking it back in is about as ghetto as steering wheel covers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.