The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have Nissan Altima 1999, I had a minor accident and the driver side front turn signal fall out. When I put it back, I guess I returned the wires in the wrong order. So what I have now:
When I use the turn switch, the left front turn signal is not working, but the rear one is blinking very fast.
The right ones (front and rear are fine).
when I use the hazardous switch the rear one blink normally, but the front left doesn't work.
The fuse under the driving wheel is ok and the bulb seems to be ok as well.
My questions:
1- what's the correct wire order for the bulb, I have read, black and green.
2- what relays to check that may caused this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Fast blink usually means the bulb is blown, or the wiring has an open circuit. Use a meter, measure the resistance of the bulb, must be greater than zero and less than infinite (or you estimate it by taking the car voltage squared (144) and divide by bulb wattage)...so a 6W bulb would have a nominal filament resistance of 24 ohms. Or just swap bulbs from left and right side to test.

If the bulb is good, the wiring is bad. Relays and fuses are fine from what you've described.

Doesn't matter which way round you connect the two wires...the bulb doesn't care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fast blink usually means the bulb is blown, or the wiring has an open circuit. Use a meter, measure the resistance of the bulb, must be greater than zero and less than infinite (or you estimate it by taking the car voltage squared (144) and divide by bulb wattage)...so a 6W bulb would have a nominal filament resistance of 24 ohms. Or just swap bulbs from left and right side to test.

If the bulb is good, the wiring is bad. Relays and fuses are fine from what you've described.

Doesn't matter which way round you connect the two wires...the bulb doesn't care.
Thanks very much, this was helpful. You are right, but the bulb was fine there was a loose wire. I re-fixed the wire and it worked fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts