The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't really come out with much.

There was one that ppl are using 300zx, and then the typical walbro.

But I was wondering if the upgraded skyline/silvia pumps would work also.

·
SR20DET CREW MEMBER # 1
503 Posts
I went with walbro. What kind did you have in mind up grading to Skyline/silvia stock units or finding an aftermarket ones

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
I would honestly say stick with the Walbro or 300zx ...

Ive been told that the Yen is getting higher now so parts for siliva and skylines overseas will increasing go up as well now the popularity of JDM parts... it would be much easier to get parts that are USDM ...not to mention the walbro does the trick unless your building 1000hp.

havent heard from CM_David in along time neither..would love to see the progress as he's completely invest into his BB...

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I've been told by a few people that the walbro's are garbage. Is the 300xz pump a direct replacement?

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ that's what i head...cuz I was talkin to ma friends about the pump...one is running a walbro (only opt) and the other was like "eck a walbro?!"...

but i was thinkin 300zx also...but like to see what other options are there, as i can get the jdm aftermarket ones for mayb just a bit more...

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
walbro is a good company, but honestly, with my latest fuel issues, you need a low pressure high volume fuel pump after some boost. I have a 300zx fuel pump... it is not a direct drop in some modification is required. The 300ZX flows 255lph same as the skyline pump so there is no point juggling between the two, they are the same.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
cthunder said:
walbro is a good company, but honestly, with my latest fuel issues, you need a low pressure high volume fuel pump after some boost. I have a 300zx fuel pump... it is not a direct drop in some modification is required. The 300ZX flows 255lph same as the skyline pump so there is no point juggling between the two, they are the same.
Carl, you didnt understand what Jack was saying...

You need both. The Walbro in the tank to keep the system pressure up, and an inline low pressure high volume to keep the flow going.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
I believe jack was referring to replacing the 300zx pump completely, that an inline fuel pump would be the only pump necessary. I think the 300zx pump would only be insurance after looking at the car.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
hhmmmm, Walboro's seem to be doing a great job in the DSM Community, havnet heard any ill effects from runing them. On my setup I plan on using a Walboro 255 pump, and FIC 650cc Injectors. Also I would suggest looking into some sort of AFPR ( Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator ) so that u can fine tune your fuel system, +/- on how much fuel ur using. I found soem SARD AFPR units on ebay for a very good price, Carl is runing 1 on his. Wouldnt be a bad idea to pick up a AFPR. I have a Aermotive AFPR and SS Line, and its been doing a great job, and that whole setup ran me $200

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm currently gettin all the parts for the fuel system first. I'm running eManage and Apexi fuel press gauge, Z fuel filter (i kno, no performance, but need replacing n e ways), Nismo FPR, and Nismo 550cc injectors (went 2 blitz 2day, their's doesn't work on our rails, so now i gotta pay more :( ) and now i'm down to the last thing...the fuel pump...

so u guys are saying i should run both the walbro and the Z inline pump??? also that the walbro to keep the flow, and the z to pressurize??? sorry for being a noob...but this is all new to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts