The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just posting to those who may be a little bit intimidated by replacing their stock Automatic shifter with an aftermarket one.

I know as someone who doesn't like messing with something I feel should be left alone... such a process brought about second thoughts... but then I received the shifter from Alex (NissanLunatic) and read through the installation guide and the FAQ on here about it...

Those second thoughts disappeared faster than the stock shfiter did from my car... VERY easy install... I know that sometimes people will pass on great deals or something they want due to worries about installation, but the results are well worth the 45 minutes to an hour that it takes to install a new shifter knob... taking your time of course.

Just my personal experience and thoughts... thought I'd share them along with a few new pictures.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bullet499 said:
Your shifter is really high. Cut the plastic a little more......
To be quite honest... I'm not sure which plastic you're talking about. If you could give me some details I'd appreciate it.

From that post I'm assuming you mean the plastic that covers the shaft... but I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean because that doesn't serve a purpose when it comes to the height, it just covers the exposed stock shaft.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
95_XE said:
looks nice, but like bullet said, cut the shifter a little, and a leather boot would look really nice!
Yeah, I agree with the idea on the leather boot... but where can I get a good quality one that doesn't look too cheap?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That definitely looks great. Where did you purchase yours from?

I'm still a little confused on the "shortening" of the shifter. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bullet499 said:
The plastic part that covers the shaft is what I'm talking about. Your supposted to cut it to fit your shift when you first get it. Its even in the instructions. Take about an inch and a half off of it- thats how much I took off mine- and you'll be lookin good bro.
Hey I really appreciate the information. I actually followed those instructions and cut the piece as advised. It's cut right where the plastic meets up with the shift chamber.

It is only the length of the exposed part of the stock shaft, not any further down into the chamber. I hope I'm explaining this well enough and that I'm understanding what you're saying.

There's no restriction on the lowering of the shift knob itself due to the plastic piece. Thanks again!

·
good one Fonzie
5,965 Posts
I like it...get a shift boot though, you'll thank me later, I have it, and yeah, it is pretty easy to install

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
Looks Good!

I bought the same Levoc chrome shifter but I didn't like it because it seems to look too long for the Alty.

Sold it to a Maxima owner and bought a used Razo AT shift knob instead.

If you can get it to look shorter, then I will definitely look better!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CryingFreeman said:
Looks Good...

I bought the same Levoc chrome shifter but I didn't like it because it look too long.

Sold it to a Maxima owner and bought a used Razo AT shift knob instead.
I saw the pictures... I must say that it looks great! Good work... I definitely like the look.

I don't mind having it stand up a little bit higher... it really makes no difference to me. I just enjoy the look of an aftermarket shifter.

Thanks for the reply!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts