The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H i guys, I need new front brakes.. wondering if I should go with some brembo rotors? and if they're is a big difference in wear and in cold weather... In canada up here..

let me know plz

Thanks

I'll be comparing the prices to the original parts tommorow from my dealer.. plz let me know on the wear issue

Thanks

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
i have the cross drilled/slotted rotors (brembos) from southwestautoworks and i love them. way better than my oem rotors (that warped every 6-8 months under normal driving). i say get them.

·
502 Posts
there was just another thread on here saying that the cd/slotted rotors are more prone to warping than oem. basically, it said you didn't need them unless you race at high speeds often. just for looks, no difference in street applications.

but i don't have personal experience with them, so i'm not sure...

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey bro i know i'm a newby. but bro i just got 2 rotors from murrys down here in michigan for like $60 for both and they have a life time warrenty on them.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
^ don't care if you're a noobs or not, but at 60 bucks a pair with lifetime warranty (and that's local retail price), I'm betting that you'll be visiting the shop much more often.

You get what you pay for. And sometimes you get less than what you paid as well.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
warping on cross drilled/slotted rotors only occurs RARELY in high intensity constant braking

unless you are racing like a Formula 1 car, aftermarket rotors are the best way to go.

you get awesome looks and awesome braking

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
yeah, ihave slotted and love them. i just need to get the braked bled again, i think i have some air packets in the lines again. but get them, they look good behind big rims, if yo uhave have all four disc, get all 4, they look much better that way, drums SUX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts