The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody know the correct lift points for the underbody or subframes of the car (specifically 3.5SE 5-sp). I am not talking about the slotted fin that the stock jack fits in, but where I would put a regular floor jack to lift the car.

FWD layout has removed all the spots I am used to using (I come from the RWD world), and with all the alumn. hiding under there, I don't want to make the expensive mistake of lifting the car by the wrong part.

If anyone has access to a service manual, or has had the car on a lift to check out the bottom in detail and can give me the info, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I changed my oil last weekend and used a lift on the left side frame rail under the drivers floor (wrong side for oil - looks like you can barely lift the car on the right and change the oil - good filter location easy to get to) Seems very sturdy. Front wheel drive cars are getting closer to full frame/unit body cars these days. Health frame rails for a change, unlike a 72 510. I used a rag of course on the floor jack. Was about to order a service manual from Dyment. Thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
lift points

This was one of the many questions I had about the car so I purchased the service manual ($300). The only lift points are where the slotted scissor jack goes under . I you want to use a hydraulic jack at these lift points you should use a slotted jack saddle (an adapter with slots that goes on the hydraulic jack). JC Whitney sells it (item # 81ZE3278A or 81ZE4861T).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts