The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever changed the light under their cruise control button? My cruise control works, but the light is out. I took apart most of the switch, but I couldn't get to the bulb. Also, does anyone know what kind of bulb it is?

·
Registered
237 Posts
which light? the illumination one? or the green one?

Both are a very small 12v bulb. I dont know what size it is, but the switch pops apart somehow. I have taken mine apart... but it was like 6 months ago, and i dont remember exactly how. It wasnt too hard though. Once you get it apart and have the bulb in hand you should be able to go to an auto zone or radio shack or someplace and find a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WyrmMaster said:
which light? the illumination one? or the green one?

Both are a very small 12v bulb. I dont know what size it is, but the switch pops apart somehow. I have taken mine apart... but it was like 6 months ago, and i dont remember exactly how. It wasnt too hard though. Once you get it apart and have the bulb in hand you should be able to go to an auto zone or radio shack or someplace and find a suitable replacement.
The one that lets you know the cruise control is on. I am pretty sure it's green. If anyone remembers how they got to the bulb once they removed the button, please let me know.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was able to get to the bulb today. Took me a bit of work cause I had to pry both of the sides apart to get the part that holds the bulb to slide out. It was all for nothing cause I went to all the parts stores around the area and then I tried Radio Shack and no one had it, they didn't really even know what it was till I told them. So I went to a local junkyard and got another button module, put it in, and now it's all good.

·
echelon divison
576 Posts
wow i had a fuggin hard time trying to get mine back together.. I pulled the little condem off the bulb and made it white; so it would stand out... but all those little damn springs and berings fell out, that took me a good hour to put back. Good luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same thing. When I put it back together, the OFF button got stuck, 'cause the spring didn't compress right. I didn't feel like taking it apart again, so I just said **** it, and bought one from a junkyard for $10.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts