The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled into my parking spot at work the other day early (still dark out) and shut the car off, then went into my glovebox for something and noticed the light in the box was out. long story short, I had remove a few dash parts before I figured out the light in the box only comes on when the headlights, driving lights or fog lights are on and there is no pin switch that turns it off when you close the door either (like your fridge light) , it just stays on until you shut off your lights. I have never seen this before, anyone else notice this?. One of the very few little complaints about the car.:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Glove Box Light

Yeh that takes a bit of getting used to.. I guess they don`t want the light to come on for a would- be thief that is breaking into your ride.

Just put the lights in the park position, u will get used to it.:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Light in glove box = good idea. Customers ought to like it.

No switch to only turn it on when open = saving money both on the switch, installing the switch, adding extra wire to hook up the light through the switch.

Someone at Nissan probably got a bonus for the idea, claiming "They (customers) won't even know it's on if the glove box is closed!".

Want control over the glove box light? You'll probably have to buy a maxima, or at least a more expensive class of car.

Me? I don't care unless the light being on when I'm driving on a long trip at night melts the chocolate candy bar I'm sure to have stashed in the glove box. That would REALLY tick me off. I'm wondering if Nissan thought about that. :angry2:

OpalBlue ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glovebox??? There's a glovebox in there? Damn....I'll have to check that out!

LOL

Kevin

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is not new for Nissan. My 1991 300ZXTT had a light in the ashtray that came on with the lights and had no switch.
Exactly as OpalBlue pointed out...saves money. It also eliminates a switch that can go bad and cause warranty claims.
The power that buld draws is very minimal. Don't sweat it. :D

·
Banned
0 Posts
Re: Light under the Hood!!

Ratwayne said:
Any suggestions why there isn`t any light under the HOOD?
I have never heard of a light under the hood, but it seems like a useful thing to have when your pulled over on the side of the road in the night w/o a flashlight or if your just working under the hood.

G

·
I was giving very serious consideration to picking up one of those $10 underhood light kits with the manual switch. Should be a snap to install, just pull power off the fuse box and run the unit on the hood next to the hood bar attachment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Light under the Hood!!

Ratwayne said:
Any suggestions why there isn`t any light under the HOOD?
How about:
1) It's such a good engine you'll never need to open the hood.
2) So crooks (working at night while you sleep) will have trouble spotting your engine mods to steal them.
3) Saves Nissan more money.
4) Not another light bulb to replace.
5) there is one, but it's so cleverly hidden no one will ever find it?

Just some ideas.

OpalBlue ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Light under hood..

pcsgrp said:
I was giving very serious consideration to picking up one of those $10 underhood light kits with the manual switch. Should be a snap to install, just pull power off the fuse box and run the unit on the hood next to the hood bar attachment.
I have seen one that attaches to the battery and has like a 25' cord. That would be much more useful than a little 3 watt bulb under the hood. About the glovebox, if it is dark, dont you have the lights on anyway? If it is light then use the sun. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.