Nissan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Not an unregistered user
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so here's my whole light setup...

I have LED tail/brake lights (LED bulbs installed, not LED assemblies), Hoen xenonmatch plus low beams, LED license plate bulbs, and LED door bulbs. You guys get to see my license plate in this one, so I'm asking nicely please don't hunt me down or anything, okay? Good, thanks :D

Before I get started, don't let ANYONE fool you...

...it's F***ING COLD up here :runaway:

So, now that we have that settled... or I got it off my chest at least... on to the actual point of this thread.

First up, the Hoen xenonmatch plus low's. I personally think that they look AWESOME, perform wonderfully, and without question could easily be mistaken for HID's, especially to the untrained eye (and also quite a few that aren't). Regardless, I'll get a kit eventually, but these will do for now.

^ Comparison to the real deal ^

^ Compared to HID gas-based lighting (probably xenon) to industrial lights ^
(Yes, 91 only, I promise)

UPDATED: FOR REFERENCE
Low beam & fog: H11
High beam: H9
Parking light: 3157
Front & Rear turn signal: 3157
Taillight/Brake: 3157
High mount windshield brake: 912
License plate: 194
Reverse: 912
Rear sidemarker: 194
Glove box: 194
Map light: 578 / "Festoon"
Dome light: DE3175
Door puddle lamp: 194
Trunk: 194

·
Not an unregistered user
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Next are the tails. I actually got these from autolumination.com. These are the 3157 SMT bulbs. Expensive, but well worth the price. Also included in the pics are the LED license plate bulbs, and also the door LED's, both of which came from frickinbrite.com.

^ You can see the reflection of the LED patter on the chrome inside the housing ^

^ That's the actual bulb installed in the socket, in the housing ^

Now here's my favorite part... the rear effect and advantage of LED's:

^ Brakes off, tails only ^

^ Brakes on, visible to like 250 car lengths back (okay not really, but they're quite bright.) ^

^ Door LED... with some dim halogen in the background. This pic makes the plate and door look blue, but they're pure white, trust me. Their color is most accurately depicted upon in the brake light pictures.

So, that's all my lighting so far. I got a lot of PM's about the LED tails, so I figured I'd post them up, plus everything else I have done so far.

·
Not an unregistered user
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am so jealous. please give me a link for LED tails
Haha thanks

Here's the link: LED's

The ones I got were the 30-LED SMT towers. They aren't cheap, but WELL worth it. I tried 2 other sets from other places, and had problems with cheap, poorly manufactured connecting conductor pins that would result in either no brake light or no tail light. Not to mention these are by far the brightest yet and most effective.

·
Not an unregistered user
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good website, i see they have LED H11 Bulbs, i wonder if they will be brighter than HID. Headlights & Fog Lights
I thought about that too, but I'm pretty sure there's no way it's going to be powerful enough for a low beam. Fog, maybe, but not a low... yet.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That's the website and those are the tails I was going to buy, and I might just have to now that I've seen them on a car and they look that good...I just don't know if I can justify $25/ea for them...

·
Registered
217 Posts
good website, i see they have LED H11 Bulbs, i wonder if they will be brighter than HID. Headlights & Fog Lights
No chance, I work for a company that designs LED Driver ICs. The LED headlight supply we are currently working on will be driving 24 5W LEDs for headlights.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great link. I'm assumming that you have the 30 SMT LED (second option). Do you know how the brightness is going to be different from the 11 SMT High flux (first option) since they are the same price? In other words why did you select that particular bulb out of so many other bulbs? Thanks in advance.

·
Not an unregistered user
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great link. I'm assumming that you have the 30 SMT LED (second option). Do you know how the brightness is going to be different from the 11 SMT High flux (first option) since they are the same price? In other words why did you select that particular bulb out of so many other bulbs? Thanks in advance.
I figured the more the merrier, even though that's not true lol jk. I figured I'd get the most even lighting out of that bulb, which would create the most halogen-like lighting field, since I'm putting these in a reflective housing, not just a forward-firing port.

Sethman408 said:
No chance, I work for a company that designs LED Driver ICs. The LED headlight supply we are currently working on will be driving 24 5W LEDs for headlights.
Ooh, any release date details..? :love:

Very nice...I'm really liking the LED tail lights. Did you replace the stock wiring harness when you swapped out the low beams?
No, I didn't. I'm still using 55w bulbs in there, not the 70w that most people buy from Hoen.

Thanks for the comments guys... :)

·
TyranT
384 Posts
Are the led tails light bulbs are brighter than the regular factory bulbs?

1 - 20 of 222 Posts
About this Discussion
221 Replies
63 Participants
ga2vgs
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing