The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my problem:
When I start up the car, the interior lights are bright, but after awhile of driving, they get dimmer and dimmer, every time i turn the car off, and start it back up they are bright again. Why does this continue to happen? My headlights are barely visible at night too.

I have gotten the following, and they have helped alot but the lights shouldn't still be dimming like they are.

Die Hard battery
Nissan Alternator
battery terminals
power cap

any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
do you have a high wattage system? If so then as you pump it up the amps takes power that the battery should be supplying for the vehicle for itself, if you do have a big system then adding a capactior might help the problem.

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh all you hataz, i'll be stylin' on monday you know, my rims are comin in!

as for the neons, i rarely turn them on anymore, cuz the cops here know me by my first name, does anyone have a reasonable answer?!?

·
Banned
0 Posts
ross said:
ahhh all you hataz, i'll be stylin' on monday you know, my rims are comin in!

as for the neons, i rarely turn them on anymore, cuz the cops here know me by my first name, does anyone have a reasonable answer?!?
hahhaa, sorry.

I would go get the alternator tested. You said its a Nissan alternator, so is it still under warranty? If so, I would take it back and ask the dealer mechanics to put it under a "load test." It could be straining when the car is on, even though it may test right.

·
mmmm...perforated leather
821 Posts
ross...what up man?

what kind of wheels you getting in?

as for the power problem, check your grounds...my buddy in Elkhart has a similar problem with his shit. Turned out a bad ground on his amp and that it was also hooked up wrong (was hot all the time).

I agree with djsassan...get that Altima to the dealer (geez, you f#@!in' work at one!!) and get a load test on the electrical system....

Hit you later...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.