The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it like this i have a 94" nissan altima automatic trans, i had an accident over 6months ago and i had my car park but i always maintain the cars engine runnig, just this last week i was able to get it going but this weekend while driving the intake fell off cuz the rubber seal from the engine to the intake got hot and soft.. so i put it back the way it was and it worked but just last nite it fell again but this time the car won't stay on, the intake was plase the way it should but everytime i turn the engine the RPM's start high and then they start to drop and then the car turns off wat i did was that i raise the RPM's from like 700rmps to 1200 rpms to keep the car on. what should i do ??

·
Flipdefleur!
242 Posts
Have u driven it? I had similar problem. Is it hard to restart once its dies out? If u have driven it does it sputter on acceleration up to 3000rpms? Can u smell gas ever?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i drove the car cuz i didn't want to be on the street.... but afte i got home it never wanted to stay on ........ it cool i fix it any ways i change the mass air flow sensor with a different one from a maxima i had to adapt the wires but it works fine... thx alot for the help hope that next time you can help me again ....

·
Once again in a DSM!!
1,499 Posts
and if the intake is falling man get some new rubber couplers for it.. as far as the MAF it could have been good is just that when the MAF doesnt read any air going thru it, the car will die.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K heres the thing now.... the car worked fine the first time i install the new air sensor ... and now the car is rejecting the air sensor... i mean the sensor will keep the engine runnig but if i try rev it up it feels like the car is taking too much air and when i let go of the gas the RPM's will drop make the car turn off .... what do you think....

·
Registered
989 Posts
lol too much air? the more air, the better!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so if the problem is not the engine receiving too much air what could it be.... not enough air.... the intake system is like 1feet 1/2 with the intake maybe 2feet and the MFS its from a nissan Maxima i think...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts