The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Next Generation
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my car broke down last week and i seriously need to get it fixed. i asked a guy who know's a little something about cars and he told me that the linkage cable to my throttle was broken or something of that nature. the problem is that i can't shift except into 1st and reverse. even then it takes a little bit of work. if i try to shift the car into another gear, i.e. 2nd, it either doesn't go or it goes into 5th.

i'm basically trying to find out how much its going to cost and where's a good place to go and get this fixed. i was thinking of going to the nissan dealership in fife or the one on S. Tacoma way, but i'm not sure if they'll service my car...no warranty and it was bought in GA. i really want to get my car fixed because i hate relying on those that aren't reliable.

thanks in advance,
Rod Mc.

·
de-moderator
2,134 Posts
hey man... i've had really good luck with center street automotive ( ithink thats the name ) the guy is helpful and pretty cheap cost-wise. I'll find the number for ya and post it for ya

·
de-moderator
2,134 Posts
CENTER STREET AUTO REPAIR
3007 S PINE ST, TACOMA, WA 98409
(253) 472-1913
theres the info. Its right by the emissions testing place by the tacoma mall. The shop has a small sign and you dont see the shop from the street really, just the sign and the fence lol.

·
The Next Generation
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks adam...i'll give him a call today the moment i get the chance...i went by the nissan dealership sat. and the guy told me to call today (mon) because the auto repair/parts was closed on the weekends....so i'm going to give both places a call to see who can off the best service for the lowest price....btw, can i order a new dash through nissan? i can't think of the name right now, but its where the speed/autometer, tachometer, fuel, and temp guage are....i wish i could remember...anyhow, thanks again man..

Rod Mc.

·
de-moderator
2,134 Posts
guage cluster? You can get them at a junkyard or thru nissan. nissan is going to ass rape you tho. Hope you dont wanna sell your car cuz the odometer will be off.

·
The Next Generation
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they can't set the odometer to the mileage that on the car? :confused: then that is a fockin rape...but i really do want another one because mine's all fockered up and i don't think buying guages makes it better....however, guages will make it a lot easier to calculate how many miles are on the car...i know i'm near or just over 118500...

·
"In Orbe Terum Non Visi"
874 Posts
Rod,
There's this place that I took my car to reset the odometer reading. It's off Steele street, Tacoma Speedometer is the name of the place, they charged me $40 something for it. The one that I have in my car right now is not the original one. I had to buy a different one from the junkyard. Ebay has a lot of people selling gauge clusters if you wanna go that route. Check this link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2403156692&category=33675

·
The Next Generation
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine doesn't work at all...i know how many miles are on my car because i've kept track and only drive it when i have too...the last reading has 114250(?) on it...so i'm going to estimate it around 118....i know it doesn't have that many miles on it because i set it a little over when i tried to set it myself...its actually around 116500..i doubt i've put 2000 miles since sept on that car..but i'm going to keep the car so it only matters to me :cool:

i call Nissan of Fife and a new speed/odometer will cost 194 +23 for calibration...then its 42 for a temp gauge...so i'm going :lol: over making decisions....

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'd say get a used one from a junkyard.. try to find one that has miles close to 118,000 so you don't need calibration..

I used http://www.usedpartscentral.com/ to send a request for a cluster.. I had about 5 offers by the next day varying from $50 - $75 bucks + shipping for a used cluster... Ask them the mileage and you might be lucky.. I found one with 500 miles difference.. not enough to pay for calibration..

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts