The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someplace local, RI/Mass, that will do a dual exhaust system for me. I don't want to go to Leading Edge, because I have friends that have had bad experiences (such as their tranny dropping right out of the car) and Raceshop in Cranston told me $400, no including mufflers which I already have. Any ideas would be a great help!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Its alot of work to do that...the only second genthat i know of to have a dual exhaust had to relocate the black box..and then bang in the spare tire

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Dual exhaust on a 4 banger with less than 160 HP? You sure you wanna do that? Just bolt on a dummy muffler (non functioning) on the left side of the car and call it a day...

·
Banned
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah, I'm not into the dummy muffler, I've been researching and its actually not that bad. I talked to bullet499, and he said relocating the Black box is not a problem and he sent me pictures of it done. I'm gonna keep stock pipes until the Y and then 2.25 from there to the 2 Focuz mufflers. will look mean with the Black widow kit :D and I am pretty sure its going to be rolling into raceshop, their the only place that I trust around here as of right now.

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Ultima99SE said:
I'm gonna keep stock pipes until the Y and then 2.25 from there to the 2 Focuz mufflers
WHY?!?! If you're keeping stock pipes until the Y, what's the point of having 2.25" pipes from there on? If you're bringing this bad boy to a muffler shop, you might as well have them do a catback for ya at the same time. You probably won't benefit from dual exhaust ANYWAY, but lemme tell ya, if you keep those 2" pipes between the cat and the Y, you DEFINITELY won't get any improvements because the 2" pipes are your bottleneck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts