The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Liquid-Ink Venom Kit!
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a good point that Sport Compact Car mentioned...got the link from another thread.....

"Nissan four cylinders, with the exception of the vibration-prone KA24,----->(ok i'm worried cuz i just got my pulley and have not installed it yet)----------> can do fine without a balancer. We have had underdrive pulleys on many SR20 engines, some with more than 1,000 track miles, with no problem whatsoever. Nissan four cylinders are also internally balanced, which reduces the need for a harmonic balancer. Many cheaper engines, on the other hand, need to have a built-in imbalance on the pulley to make up for a lack of an internal counterweight. Like the SR20 engine, the GA16 engine actually felt smoother and revved more freely with the underdrive pulley installed.

Well it is suppose to be a really good mod for our cars.....no one has had any problems right?.....it just bugged me out when they said "the vibration prone ka24"....

anyway i'm putting mine on next week....

:D :D :D :D

·
Alcoholic
647 Posts
thats one of the reasons i didnt want to get the pulley's.. cuz it takes out the harmonic balancer.. does this guy have anything to back that up though? cuz the harmonic balancer IS an important part of the engine.. nice find though..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah, I read that too. It's kinda worrying me too. I bought my pulley months ago, but I haven't installed it yet. But you know, there's alot a members on here that got it on their cars and I don't think there has been any problems yet.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Ive never had a problem and ive had mine in all summer...

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
That statement came from SCC's project 200sx 1.6. I don't like the way they infered that the KA24 needs the harmonic balancer.

Do any of the guys with 240sx's have any problems with their pulley's???

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
5,546 Posts
Yeah him and I and some grease monkey did the install at my buddies work..

You will feel a difference in power. Especially stopped at a light with the AC on.... It gets warm...

But it's worth buying... Just need my header, exhaust, torque converter, and NGK plugs and wires and I'm set. (=

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I just read some where else that you should reset the ECU after installing the UR Pulley, is this true? It doesn't make sense to have to do that.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ive heard this about the ka24 vibrating at high revs from an expert he said the only thing wrong with our motors was the vibration; by the way this was head mechanic at Group 5 Motorsports in San Diego big nissan guru. i tested this and it is true but normal driving will not show it i ran my car up to redline and stayed there for a couple seconds in 3rd gear i say again 3rd gear only one i have noticed it on, and it did make a kinda of humming noise like it was moving or something u guys can see for urselfs do this till u here a sound thats weird that will be the crank wobble out of balance.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
crank wobble out of balance??? uummm, that sounds bad. is it bad??? :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts