The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AIM: BaseballtoHeart
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into air suspension for my 94. Just wanted to know whats a good kind and how hard of and install is it. Any advice? I just want the basic front/back...and yes I have searched and know little bits about it

·
projected
275 Posts
Its not that hard of a install. If you can change struts and do some basic wiring , you should be able to do it yourself. Good luck

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I put my lowering springs on and have done ALL of my stereo stuff, is that a good enough back ground to do it? and to lower the car all the way down do I have to roll the fenders? well I guess that depends on the measurements of my tires dont it..... just doing some research before making the decision to either go turbo, get air, or move out while still in college. I want air sooo bad and I think I'll end up with it in the next couple months

·
Slow & Low
756 Posts
I'm running 7.5 in 19's on air and have no rubbing issues...

It is easy and very basic the hardest part is running air line and making sure they don't rub against anything. front back setup is very easy.

I made mine alittle more complicated having the 10 switch box and two alternate remote switches. Digital gauges... etc... Personally if the altima is your primary ride, I won't go with air... but thats just my 2 cents.

·
Baned Once
892 Posts
I had a hard time with the airride. Installation was nearly impossible. I'm blowing bags left and right. If it wasn't for altimas.net I would have never been able to install it. Ask around I think there is a green car on this site that has air. I think he was like one of the first altys to go on bags.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Phigity would be an excellent person to ask about Air Ride

I wish I knew who that one green altima was at Carlisle that was bagged...he was parked in a corner near a lisence plate stand

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phigity has a green car with some sort of white design on it and I know he's bagged....wonder if anyone around Va/Md could help me???? I'll keep lookin though

·
unique diversion
407 Posts
well is easy just becareful , i did it myself grind the back alot well it varies probably but my 93 alty i had to grind alot. because aim send me the cheap bags , they ran out of the one's they originally send , so i blew one of the back and i had to change the other the strings were coming out . the front i didn't mess with just push the brake line more in . but my has a poping sound around 180psi but supposenly it is normal they do pop. but so far so good .

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hopefully it would be just bolt on but nothing is really ever "bolt-on" so who knows maybe I'll find someone to help me do it when I get the setup in the next 3-6months. maybe I'll find someone near va that could help me. Oh what set-ups do you all have and how was the fitment and installation??

·
unique diversion
407 Posts
well like i said fitmen was not big just grind the back end , i thought everything was fine with mine until 5 days later it blew. 300 psi valves (gold) 3/8 hose lines and connecters two 450cc viair compressors. and playstation (blue controller)6 gallon tank

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
did you find out why it blew? rub somewhere?

·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Is that what you grinded down?

Does SWA not carry air any more? I couldn't find it on there, if they don't who else offers the bolt on systems....?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts