The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Toronto boys,

I rear ended a car today because the car infront of it decided to stop in the middle of the road for no reason, BEFORE AN INTERSECTION, with a GREEN LIGHT for us.

Could have been worse I guess. No engine damage and no leaks.

Anyways, anyone have a referal for a body shop for me... all I need is a new hood and if possible some painting for the front bumper.

I may hold off on the bumper to look as some body kits Gotta love it when things break and I don't need an excuse to look at some good stuff... if only I have the money.

Thanks,

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
2,024 Posts
^ ^

Yeah, I second that request...or even a name of a good mechanic for my ride. Shit has been making some loud whine whenever I fully turn the wheels to the left. The car is a 98 GXE...anyone on this board have any idea on what the sound is or where or why?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shop and whine

Hey,

I just decided to go to a place up in Markham... Woodbine Autobody or something. They look quite professional, but is charging me $1400 for a new hood and all the painting.

As for the whine... go check your power steering fluid now! I had a Nissan NX2000 before and it had the same sort of whine... turned out there was a leak in one of my ps tubes and had drained all the ps fluid. Check it out now before you lose your ps pump.

Later.

·
2,024 Posts
I took a look at the PS fluid, Tranny Fluid, and Oil levels ~ all okay. Brake Fluid was a little low. Topped that up. Still have that noise.

It came today when I was getting off the highway. Applying the brake while the road was winding to the right. Made this squeeky whine.

Dont know what the hell this noise is or where is coming from anymore. Could is be the suspension? Shocks? Steering? Brakes? The car runs totally fine. Just this noise is kinda starting to worry me. Especially now when my car is about to hit 100,000Kms in about 4-5 weeks.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
where is the whine comming from? could be belts if it happens when you use a lot of accesories...

·
2,024 Posts
I know for sure its not coming from the engine. Its coming from somewhere on the passenger side. I'm 90% sure its the front pass. wheel area.

Only thing that I have on my car is a system pumping like all the time. But I've drove a couple of times this week without it on at all and the sound has still come.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CV Joint?

Could it be a failing CV joint? Ever see and green oils after a parking after a long drive? I think the grease they pack those joints in is green.

If you can get under the car, feel the boots for a tear.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finch and weston is far away for me.

Can I ask what you had done and how much it cost?
Just want to compare prices.

For me, they are:
putting in a new hood, painting it,
reparing my bumper and painting it
putting in a new from Nissan bar thing
preping and painting my fenders to blend the hood in
and realigning a bar
oh, and environmental charges, disposal, and misc. stuff.

All the above for $1400.
I'll have to see how good of a job they do.

He gave me a lift back home and was telling me about how he let a friend use his shop on a weekend. Apprently they race cars and were gutting two totally brand new Corvettes.... oh something like $160,000 worth of corvettes.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,662 Posts
the belts are right by the right side passenger wheel, life your hood and have a friend step on the brake with the A/C or something running and see if it squeals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts