The Nissan Club banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't know if this would be the correct place to ask this question, but I'll ask it anyway because I really am looking for some honest input.

I was wondering if I should put some chrome windshield wipers on my car.

You know..... Just the blade holder part and not the whole arm assembly. (Not real good with technical terms)

It's a silver 06 Altima 2.5 S Special Edition that already has the chrome head/tail light package on it, as well as already having chrome window/door trim on it and all chrome badges.

Iv'e added chrome front & back license plate covers and some small chrome exhaust extensions, as well as chrome valve stem caps on the outside of the car just to kind of keep going with the theme.

And to me, the car looks good and nothing on it is too over the top, and I really want to keep it that way.

I like the classy look of the car and don't want to get too carried away and ruin it.

Do you think chrome windshield wipers would be too much?

Do you think it would ghetto the look of the car out?

Would it be too tacky?

I guess it all comes down to personal preference and what people have their hearts set on.

And while I could really give a f##k less what others think many times, I'm really interested in what other Nissan owners here think.

I personally think it would look good.

I'll post a pic of the car below.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Chrome Windshield Wipers? Yes, it would be mega trashy. Chrome should be limited to the window trim and possibly the grille. Otherwise you're getting into tacky-ghetto territory.

I appreciate your input & honesty.

Iv'e seen them on other colored cars and thought the same thing, but Iv'e never seen them on a silver vehicle with chrome extras on it.

I think the chrome exhaust tips on my car are okay because they aren't big & wide and hanging a foot and a half off the back of the vehicle.

And as I said before, those, along with the chrome license plate covers & chrome valve stem caps are just little things that are there to kind of accent all of the rest of the chrome on the car.

And even though I may think the wiper blades would look good, I really don't want to get into tackyville with my car, and that is why I posted this here in the first place.

By the way, the grille is black with a chrome Nissan badge on it, and it's staying that way.

The car kind of has a chrome, silver & black theme going on with it.

Black interior, black grille & license plate holder, silver paint, and all of the chrome things Iv'e mentioned besides the stock ones that are on the inside of the car, like around the shifter, trim around the speedo & fuel gauges, etc.

·
RAIDERS !!!!
1,433 Posts
My next mod for the past yr has been finding a rear window visor, 03 altima theres none out there but after test fitting numerous shapes and designs for other cars i found the G35 visors fit and look the best. It required only minimal trimming of the edges but besides that fits perfectly. If anyone can tell me how to post pics from my email i can

·
Registered
446 Posts
@monstarr....

even with that them the chrome wipers will be a negative. i actually thought that was kind of cool back in high school(about 10yrs ago) but learn that's pure cheesy. lol. the other additions seems fine though. not sure what other chrome to add, other than rims that wouldn't be overkill. however, the wrong chrome rims could easily create overkill.

·
623 Posts
I appreciate your input & honesty.

Iv'e seen them on other colored cars and thought the same thing, but Iv'e never seen them on a silver vehicle with chrome extras on it.

I think the chrome exhaust tips on my car are okay because they aren't big & wide and hanging a foot and a half off the back of the vehicle.

And as I said before, those, along with the chrome license plate covers & chrome valve stem caps are just little things that are there to kind of accent all of the rest of the chrome on the car.

And even though I may think the wiper blades would look good, I really don't want to get into tackyville with my car, and that is why I posted this here in the first place.

By the way, the grille is black with a chrome Nissan badge on it, and it's staying that way.

The car kind of has a chrome, silver & black theme going on with it.

Black interior, black grille & license plate holder, silver paint, and all of the chrome things Iv'e mentioned besides the stock ones that are on the inside of the car, like around the shifter, trim around the speedo & fuel gauges, etc.

i try to stay away from anything thats chrome. i think its tacky imo..

·
Registered
596 Posts
My Dad used to say "chrome don't get ya home" LOL
I guess meaning there is no reason for it...

·
623 Posts
upgrade headlights suspension and brakes would be where i would start

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I'm planning on lowering my '06 2.5L altima, just wanted to get some input on which lowering springs to get. I'm leaning towards racing line but wanted some feedback on which would be the best route to go. I want to get rid of the outrageous wheel gap in the front but want a even drop, or as close as possible. And also if it works well with stock struts? Oh and I have a SL submodel

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yo' i wanna paint my calipers but don't know what color to paint them. everyone i've seen goes black or red and my car is the weirdo pewter metallic color? would color matching it be tacky? and for my Headlight retro should i stick with black or could i pull off a color match inside??

pic for reference

thanks

61 - 75 of 75 Posts