The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking to swap out my 97 ka for an sr20det but don't know where to get the engine and parts from. i was dealing with heavythrottle.com but they couldn't really help me with my car, they only do 240s. they said i should try a gti-r or bluebird sr20, anyone know a good place to get one?

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
turbo/nitrous forum, look for krackmnkeysnick...hes the crazy mofo doing the sr20 swap, and lets just say to do it right ITS NOT CHEAP OR EASY!

oh and search dude...you could have typed in sr20det and gotten more than enough posts to answer your questions...just turbo your KA...2.4 = more torque!!!!

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
People are so discouraging. There's nothing HARD about the swap. Just takes some coin. The SR has far more potential than that KA. Maybe you haven't noticed but noone can get a Kat to run properly. The SR has far more support and knowledgable people to ask for help. If your looking for just a cheap turbo you could try the stage 1 kit but that's as far as I'd go unless your looking to dump thousands into standalone.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Dude your so full of shit. What do you know about anything...Honestly. Cracking blocks and running into a wall at 500hp? WHat is this the fast and the furious? Do you know what it takes to make 500hp? There are SR's running OVER 450hp on stock bottom ends you tool. Name even one stock bottom end Altima running more than 300.......Maybe you should PM Black Hornet and ask him how much his standalone cost him you dumb shit. I don't mind people disagreeing with me on a valid point but to just pull stuff like this out of your ass makes me believe your truely retarded. Where's your friend Chads car? Sitting in a ****ing garage you dolt. Pick up a book and get a clue.

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
you guys shall learn. Chad is waiting aem's stand alone. $1500, not thousands. He needs it because its the only way to keep the car from going hella lean.
Every person i have talked to that knows shit about motors agrees. The guy that built chads motor had just gotten done doing an sr in a 240 as well. He said the ka was 10x the motor. He was even talking about putting one in his 300zx over a rb26 because he could make the same 1khp for less money. I never said the sr's botom ends were weak, just once you cross 500hp or add too much boost you crack the aluminum block. Eat it dude. For serious power, the ka is way better.
F&F, i cant belive people are still briging up that lame ass movie.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
altimate_racer said:
you guys shall learn. Chad is waiting aem's stand alone. $1500, not thousands. He needs it because its the only way to keep the car from going hella lean.
Every person i have talked to that knows shit about motors agrees. The guy that built chads motor had just gotten done doing an sr in a 240 as well. He said the ka was 10x the motor. He was even talking about putting one in his 300zx over a rb26 because he could make the same 1khp for less money. I never said the sr's botom ends were weak, just once you cross 500hp or add too much boost you crack the aluminum block. Eat it dude. For serious power, the ka is way better.
F&F, i cant belive people are still briging up that lame ass movie.
First of all the AEM EMS isn't a full standalone unit. Once again PM or search Freds posts on his standalone. Chad is purchasing it so he can dump in a bit more fuel to take care of his lean condition. But even at that if you take the 1500$ and add tax/installation/tuning he's going to be over 2g's. I don't know where you went to school but where I come from 1+1=2 which is plural as in thousands. Please give myself and the readers just a few examples of how the KA is 10x the motor. Noone in their right mind would take a ka over an RB. Please post this engine builders number so I can personally call him up and ask him where he's getting his dope cause it's gotta be some crazy shit.

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
a person who would pay way more money for motor a when you can get the same amount of power out of motor b for thousands less is the one on the dope that i want.

dont get me wrong, the rb26 is a def cool motor and better than the ka, but he wanted 1k hp and he felt it was very possible out of the ka.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts