The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just replaced all the subframe bushings, complete tie rods, and lower control arms on my 2012 sentra.

Trying to get the new ball joints in was a real PITA, and I moved the strut assembly and knuckles a bit to make room.

I DID NOT loosen the CV axles from the hub and bearing, so they were moving as I worked.

I noticed that the front hubs were were able to be spun by hand although the car was in park. Put it all back together and started the car, hoping that park would work. It didn't. I put the car in reverse for a few seconds and just heard some grinding, but there was movement. Question is, how do I fix this now? Seems like one or both CV axles must have become disengaged from the trans, though there is NO fluid leak, and it isn't like I was swinging those knuckles a foot away from the centerline when replacing the control arms. Also, both wheels spin when I manually spin one or the other, so it MUST be connected to the trans...

Should I just drop the knuckles, pull out the CV joints and try a reinstall or is this an electrical problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dropped the knuckle and fiddled with the drivers CV axle. It seemed to feel like it was still engaged. Both CV axles still felt like they were engaged to the trans and I couldn't see any indication of movement. So I put the tires on and dropped it to the ground. Rocked it a few times and PARK engaged. Ran through the gears with no problem, EXCEPT-

I do not have steering lockout when the car is off and key is removed. LOL. If it ain't one thing. it's another.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. K&N cold air intake. Stillen underdrive pulley. Stillen cat back system.
68 Posts
Hey if that's the only problem I say run with it lol. Not sure about the steering lockout on that year of Sentra. Maybe a steering position sensor issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts