The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

My uncle left his 2000 Nissian altima in my drive way and he told me to clean up the engine. One problem. He went with the keys!!. I bought the de-greaser and washer to make the engine look nice. He asked me if there was a way to open the hood, so i told him i'd get back to him. any body have any ideas on how to get that hood open without breaking into his car?. i have a 1999 altima and wondering if the mechanism was the same for opening the hood without the inside release hatch so i could see how the thing works if its the same. thanks guys

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
1. have your uncle fedx the key
2. Go to dealer and ask for a valet key
3. break window
4. call emergency road service
5. wait until he comes back

·
Registered
95 Posts
i say call AAA, they will just pop it open no problem. no questions asked. but it would be nice to have the key to start the car after you wash the engine down....you dont want to wet the distributor and find out the car is gonna have problems starting. I'd take Sexy's advice and have the key fed ex'd or pick up a spare at his house?!?!? g'luck

·
Registered
129 Posts
cops around here don't even CARRY slimjims anymore.... i was on my way to a recording studio session... and i locked the keys in the car at a music store.. and some rock grungy guy came out and had to use a clothes hanger because a cop that came by and thought i was gonna steal the car said he didn't have a slim jim..... they're lying.. and i knew it..

-Chris

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
ha cops, my aunt locked keys inside mazda mpv, we tried a coat hangar to no avail, this guy came out of his house across the street.
He came and asked what was up , we told him.
He goes back into his house and comes out with a butter knife, sticks it under hte door handle molding and pop opens the door.

It was kinda scary to know he can do that to her car lol.

·
DIY User
657 Posts
i slim jim is a longish thin metal blade with a notch in it used to slide between the window glass and the weather stripping to push or pull [depending on the car] the lock linkage to unlock the car.... now if it has a security system i belive you have a problem....

·
1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th Gen
2,266 Posts
omegax said:
ha cops, my aunt locked keys inside mazda mpv, we tried a coat hangar to no avail, this guy came out of his house across the street.
He came and asked what was up , we told him.
He goes back into his house and comes out with a butter knife, sticks it under hte door handle molding and pop opens the door.

It was kinda scary to know he can do that to her car lol.
was her car an altima? what year?

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
lol, i think i just bugged out waynehead05 lol, but no it was not , its a mazda mpv

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
Sassan said:
the cops here will only open in the case of an emergency
thats not true, my stupid sister left the baby inside her car , the car was turned on with the ac but the baby(1y) was locked inside, fcking cop came , he was using a damn copper wire with a hook

1 - 16 of 16 Posts