The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to lower my gen 1, and the lowering springs should be here soon. but here is my dilema i just noticed. my altima doesn't really have anywhere on the undercarriage for me to mount my front undercar neon bulb, but on that metal bar in the center of the front of the car. now when i lower it, it will drop 2" but i was curious if anyone has undercars on theirs and if the car is lowered, where did you mount that front bulb. I have a feeling if i leave it where it is, one bumb, and its gone. but i can't think of anywhere under the the engine comparment i could mount this thing safely. Plus, any of you know how to hide that front bulb, I hate when i can see the bulbs. i found a way to hide the side ones, but now i need help with the front.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Sup man , ay i dont have under car neons, but wha ive seen a lot of peeps do is hide by tha front bumper, u know where u have those splash guards in tha front try mounting it some where there, i've seen it done, but not exactly sure where to mount it. Hope that givez u some more ideas.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had thought abou that, But at the same time, I was hoping to be able to due it without removing any stock parts. if i had a body kit, it wouln't be a big deal cause they hang lower. Maybe ill take another look at it again, when it gets dry enough for me to get under my car and play around with it for a little while.

·
Banned
0 Posts
if I were you, and I lived where you do, I wouldn't drop the car until the spring........especially with the lake effect snow up there. Or do coilovers. I am.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not going to drop the car until spring, but i am getting all the parts now. but i have another car to drive in the winter, so my altima won't be driven come snow.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have a 2nd gen and I was able to put my neon in the front bumper. Get down and look right under the radiator and theres a place to mount the brackets. Its a really tight fit but it works, I had to drop the neon from the the top of the engine to get it down there.

This is the same place where we mounted it on a friends 1st gen so it will worh for you.

I will take a pic later today on how I did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts