The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far i spent the better half of the day reading and reading and reading about lowering springs and coil overs and cutting springs and all types of suspension mods . i just want to lower my car on the stock shocks for right now until i build up a little more money. i see the sprint springs in quiet a few threads during my SEARCH and now im really confused i want to lower my alty 2 inches no more no less. i want it to be even in the front and the back. will sprints do the job? (eventully aftermarket shocks too)this is on the stock rims also! i seen these at SWA http://store.yahoo.com/southwestautoworks2002-store/19nisalsprin.html are they any good?

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and if i get these all i have to do is have them installed right? and thats just the springs right?

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
my sprints lowered my car so that the rear fender top is just at the top of the rear tire, no gap. My front has about 2 maybe 3 (squeezing) fingers gap (like an inch). It looks really nice though.

·
8,112 Posts
Nothing is wrong with sprints but you might run into trouble with a blown strut sooner or later. Stock struts can't handle to much.

Its easy to instal but after you do be sure to do an alignment at a tire shop or something.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thom do u have pics of ur alty? tphelps ,yes im aware i would need to do an alignment and new shocks soon afterwards. tphelp ur car is how low 2 inches ? what size are those rims? ur ride looks sweet!!!!! so just get the sprints and have them put on right?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
you should definately wait until you get new struts to have the springs installed, especially if you have the original struts from '93. it will probably cost the same amount to buy new struts and install the springs and struts one time, as it would be to have to do the install twice (unless you plan on doing it yourself).

·
8,112 Posts
chi-town se said:
hey thom do u have pics of ur alty? tphelps ,yes im aware i would need to do an alignment and new shocks soon afterwards. tphelp ur car is how low 2 inches ? what size are those rims? ur ride looks sweet!!!!! so just get the sprints and have them put on right?
I have tok's and GC coilovers. They are slammed so I dont even know how low that is. 17 inch rims.

But like 99altimas said. Save up for struts. You will save time and money.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I' save up for the struts deffinatly to save a few bucks for installation(just makes sence) then all i have to due is buy the springs and have them installed with the new shocks? right?

·
Baned Once
892 Posts
kyb's and sprints. perfect combo. do it all in one shot. you won't have to go back unless you decide on airbags... that is for sure.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much are kyb's and where can i get them at ?

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
buying struts doesn't really save you money. Not buying them right away actually gives you some time to save up while your stock shocks are still good. Unless of course you get a shop to install them.. but where's the fun in that?

·
Banned
3,695 Posts
i had my ssprings in my basement for 2 months before i was able to get the money for struts. then once i got the struts it took about another monthe do get the work done (iwas being lazy at this point) but im glad i did it all at once, doing it twice isn't worth the pain. rule of thumb, do it once, and do it right the first time so there won't be a second time.

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
if you're gonna get new struts, don't think about going with sensatracs from monroe, I wanted to lower my car so I thought I would go get new struts, only problem that sensatracs hate to be lowered from what I hear on this forum. spend the extra 25-50 for kyb or koni!!!
I wish I did, I'm riding stock height and I fucking hate it!!!!

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the shock and strut are the same thing right ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
whats better eibachs or sprints im thinking about doin the same thing for my 95 but i dont think ill have enough to by the struts right away is that going to cause a big problem.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts