The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 alty and i'm going to be lowering it soon. the problem is i don't know much about suspension. i was those adjustable coil overs but not sure what type to get . and where to have them installed when i do get them(im gonna prolly order some from southwest autoworks) any advise?

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Groundcontrols are the best, but then you gotta get struts also. Personally, I got Eibachs. They dont lower as much as others, but provide the best handling and do not require new struts. Oh and I got them for $70 shipped on ebay.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im getting coilovers, but 70 bucks for coilovers sounds like thier cheap. i want my alty lower 2.0-2.5 tops not 1.5

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess il be calling southwest autoworks and see what they have to say.

·
Terrance and Phillip Show
1,378 Posts
DZ coilovers....... they have adjustable 0"- 4" drop range....... other than that....... get eibach 2" drop better handling.... if you get the dz's, and plan to ride with them any lower than say 2"... i suggest repl,acing your struts too

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
If you lower 2 inches or more, struts are a must. Anything less that 2 inches and you stock struts will be ok. And the springs that I got for $70 are not coilovers. And they are not cheap. Alex sells them for $220. I got them off ebay. They are some of the best springs for handling that you can buy.

·
Liquid-Ink Venom Kit!
2,307 Posts
blue_GXE said:
DZ coilovers....... they have adjustable 0"- 4" drop range....... other than that....... get eibach 2" drop better handling.... if you get the dz's, and plan to ride with them any lower than say 2"... i suggest repl,acing your struts too

So wrong about the Eibachs there man....they are 1" and 1.3" rear and front.

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
He has ground controls. Im not sure how far down they are though. I guess the drop would also depend on what size rims your gettin. What you gonna get? Also I you wanna wait a little while, my car will have 18's with eibachs so you can see if thats low enough for ya.

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right now im not worried about rims . i can't have rims whre i live i want it lowered on the stock rims .i seen a few alty's on lowered stock rims and it don't look too bad.

·
8,112 Posts
chi-town se said:
TPhelps155 how low is ur alty?
Right now that it's winter I guess im down 2 inches.

Once in "summer mode" im down all the way which I dont know how low that is.

I ride on GC's and Tokico struts. The ride is rough but I love how it handle's!

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
Well if your gonna stick with stock rims, then your gonna want coilovers, cause you got a lot of gap to get rid of. Get Ground Controls and Tokicos.

And by the way did ya ever get the trunk fixed?

·
Dro'd Out!.....again!
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm waiting for summer to get that fixed no big rush . i just got my maf sensor and the plug for the sensor is slightly different to the one on my mas so right now i have to wait so i can figure out a way to change connectoer ,b/c the screw on the little plastic piece is almost stripped.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
I have only dropped my front 2" (posted thread about that, hopefully rears tomorrow) w/ alloys, and its definately a lot lower (and looks lower), but still ~1"-1.5" wheel gap up there.

·
13,021 Posts
rf_fanatic said:
He has ground controls. Im not sure how far down they are though. I guess the drop would also depend on what size rims your gettin. What you gonna get? Also I you wanna wait a little while, my car will have 18's with eibachs so you can see if thats low enough for ya.
It doesn't matter what size wheels he gets. The drop is going to be the same no matter what wheel size he gets as long as he sticks to the right tire size.

·
13,021 Posts
rf_fanatic said:
Groundcontrols are the best, but then you gotta get struts also. Personally, I got Eibachs. They dont lower as much as others, but provide the best handling and do not require new struts. Oh and I got them for $70 shipped on ebay.
Ground controls are not the best. Well as far as the ones you are referring to. His best best would be to get "full" coilovers that have strut housings built into them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts