The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need your help big time!!!! I bought some Suspension Technique Lowering springs for the front of my car. I don't have that much money to spend, being 17, that's why I didn't get GC's or eibachs. But anyway, the springs were supposed to do a 1"-1 1/2" drop, but when the auto shop measured them, it only did a 1/2" drop on one side and a 3/8" drop on the other side! I am really pissed! The shop installed them right and it looks no different from the stock springs. WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO?!?>#&*$*%(#*@^%???

·
candy is dandy.
3,932 Posts
well,first off you should change your name from altima low to something else,hehehehehe.but uh,yeah you should have just saved up and got the good stuff.seriously when i was your age i just wanted to hook my car up and i would just buy the cheapest shit i could find,and i got screwed everytime.so now,i just say fuck it and wait an extra month and get what i know will work and what will last.like GROUND CONTROLS.and everyone knows that sus.tech/h&r/arospeed/eibach/dont drop an altima for shit.sure youll get better handling but thats it.its either sprints,or gc's and change the struts at the same time.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Either they are the wrong springs, or they were installed wrong. They don't make Alty springs that only drop 1/2". Eibach is about the least drop, and its 3 times that.

And only lowering the front would look *******. Kinda like jacking up the back for that funny car look.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
I cannot believe this

But this has happenned with my friend's Avenger, we had to chop a coil after the vehicle was lowered only about .5 inches...
Oh well, someone get the grinder...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Vtec Killer doesnt know shit. Those springs he mentioned do drop the car what they say. I had 2 inch arospeed drop and it looked totally different from stock.

·
Banned
1 Posts
chriskaufmanerb said:
Vtec Killer doesnt know shit. Those springs he mentioned do drop the car what they say. I had 2 inch arospeed drop and it looked totally different from stock.
you are right....dude is a complete idiot. He shoudl be banned from the site. I am sure Mike will get right on that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
alright, now now fellas. Lets chill out. We don't want to start another fuckin flame war, do we?

Anyway, the sprints are ok. I've heard mixed comments about them. They offer a 2" drop, but so does Arospeed. I have arospeeds on my car, and my previous car. I love them. They ride really good. Everyone i've heard on this site with the arospeeds, love's em.

But get what cha want.

·
DRGN4DR
4,325 Posts
i have the sprints...i didnt measure my car..but i measured someone else's car then mine...the back dropped almost 3"...the front was only about 1.5"..so im cuttin a coil...

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
osama said:
what about the changing the struts? Do you have to do that with the sprints?
It's recommened to always change the shocks and struts, especially on a 2" drop. You can ride around for about a year MAX without changing the shocks. But it will be cheaper to do it all at the same time. It's all part of the same install.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
yes change ur struts , trust [email protected]!! they will blow out and squeek really bad and u'll have a terriblee ride!!!!!!!

·
BoOsTiN.....
1,397 Posts
As far as i've heard suspension technique springs sag ALOT over time. So By the time it settles it's gonna be real low maybe even too low. so don't change ur screen name yet. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts