The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up fellow Altimas

I am looking for lowering springs for my 98 altima. I have 215/45/17 tires and im thinking abotu getting a 2" drop, you think it'll rub. also what are the good springs out there? i found Arospeed and INTRAX LOWERING SPRINGS for 100 dollars which are better. also how much does it cost to get springs installed right? lets say the springs are 100 how much would everything be in total installed. appricate the help

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Check the suspension guide on the main page to see what application is best for your needs. By experience you won't rub with 2" springs and 215-45-17 tires.

Installation depends, probably $120-150 for instalation not including alignment.

·
Space Boy
1,144 Posts
Yeah 98se has pretty much got it. But make sure you take to someplace you trust cause i've heard of people geting screwed because they were told that they had to have special work done to get the springs done when they really didn't need it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
98se, i see you got the stillen front spoiler. how much did it cost you? and where did you get it. also how much was it to install and paint. About the springs, you said you have a 2 inch drop, did you have to change the shocks? i heard you have to changed shocks with a 2inch drop. thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, with a 2 inch drop how much does the ride change? hows it feel? also, am i going to need camber kits? another thing should i get just lowering spring or coilovers? thanks

·
6,859 Posts
Am1r said:
ok, with a 2 inch drop how much does the ride change? hows it feel? also, am i going to need camber kits? another thing should i get just lowering spring or coilovers? thanks
Depending on the streets in your citythe ride is going to vary. The ride is very rough in NYC with my sprint springs. I got the camber kit just to be safe. If your camber isn't adjusted to proper specs you could experience uneven tire wear.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
1,888 Posts
new2this..... whats a camber kit...?:confused:

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
1,888 Posts
mrdeucie said:
it's a bolt that allows you to adjust the camber on your car.
i know i sound stupid, but whats the camber for:confused: ... and how much does the kit go for..:confused: thanx for the help...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts