The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, talked to my dealership. i lowered my car and now they say i have no warranty on my engine and my suspension. i know i dont have the suspension but i was hoping the warranty on my engine existed. oh well...

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you have suspension problems,wheel bearingor any other problems related to your suspension I could understand where they are coming from. Engine is not related. They are wrong, don't give up. Read your warranty from cover to cover. I don't see how lowering you car has any affect on you engine or tranny. Unless they try to tell you that the CV joint angle will damage the trannt or engine somehow.

·
Banned
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ThaiBruin said:
bullshit. u give in too easily homie.
i do dont i? haha... but they said something about the drivetrain. when they checked my boot. bastards ordered me the wrong boot.

NJalt said:
If you have suspension problems,wheel bearingor any other problems related to your suspension I could understand where they are coming from. Engine is not related. They are wrong, don't give up. Read your warranty from cover to cover. I don't see how lowering you car has any affect on you engine or tranny. Unless they try to tell you that the CV joint angle will damage the trannt or engine somehow.
ya i got cv axle boot damage, i told them i ran over something and it cut it. gosh, everytime i do a mod, something always goes wrong.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
I know how you feel, my car was lowered, then lifted back up when they said they couldnt fix my tranny cuz the warranty was voided. I just lifted it, had em fix it, and dropped it again....pain in the ass, now that I know, I would give them hell if they pulled that BS on me again.

·
est. 1973
2,884 Posts
JBL85 said:
I know how you feel, my car was lowered, then lifted back up when they said they couldnt fix my tranny cuz the warranty was voided. I just lifted it, had em fix it, and dropped it again....pain in the ass, now that I know, I would give them hell if they pulled that BS on me again.
exactly, if something major happens to your car just go to stock. Its a pain but save some $$$$$

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
That's total BS...!! why would it affect the engine, hopefully I won't have that kind of problem with my dealership, I know I didn't have any problems with FORD back when I had the Stang, I had lowered the car with Sportlines, Got an Aftermarket dual Exhaust and a MAC CAI....and the last time I brought the car in the shop was because of a weird whistling noise from the engine, and no it wasn't the CAI, cause they fixed it(but I can't remember what it was..?!?!) and I didn't need to remove the Aftermarket parts, and they covered it under warranty, so that's the only good thing I can says about FORD, is for the warranty stuff, I never had any problems....!!! :D

Hopefully I won't have any problems with Nissan..!!

·
SHIFT_performance
779 Posts
Nissan says in the owners manual not to do any mechanical mods to the car, or it will void the warranty. You guys with modded cars are very lucky they let you slip with the mods.

·
Parts & Service Manager
1,812 Posts
Nissan can only not cover a item on your car if the can prove that it is related to the modification.. Call consumer affairs at 1-800-nissan1. They can help get your dealers attention.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Denying suspension warranty with a lowered car may be within their rights. But definately not engine related issues. Easiest way is to try another dealer. If that's not an option, then I'd fight them before I changed my ride height.

·
Registered
938 Posts
rlsr20de is right, if you have a problem and they say they wont cover it, tell them they have to prove in court that your mod caused the problem! That will be very hard to prove because there are so may variables. As for suspension affecting the engine
tell them [email protected]#$%&# themselves.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Find another dealer. Sheehy in Manassas, VA: Shop Manager called my cell phone and left a message stating that because I had a UDP, Intake and suspension mods that my whole car is out of warranty. Unfortunately I deleted the message. It was so freakin sarcastic it was unbelievable. I went to the dealership to pick my car up and informed him of the Magnussen Moss act that protects us as consumers from dealerships such as his. He then said that because I used an aftermarket oil filter that that in itself voids my entire car warranty because Nissan has a patent on the bypass valve and no one can use it. Uh oh, big mistake. My wife works at the US Patent and Trademark office and I asked to use the phone and called her and asked the manager if he'd like to discuss patents with her. Embarred he was. He then showed me pics that he had taken of my car and said that he was going to give them to Nissan and cancel my warranty. I left the dealership in disgust.

I immediately called Brown's Nissan in Fairfax, VA and explained all of the mods that came on the car and what happened in Manassas Sheehy. He said, "hell, I'll take your business". He said he didn't care about the mods unless they cause damage to oem equiptment. I took my car there for warranty and TSB problems and all went well. He said that we can work through other issues if they arise.

·
Registered
198 Posts
One of my friends works at the Torrance Nissan and he is one of the guys that do the testing for the TSB and warranty issues. He told me that as long as your mod does not affect the part you are trying to fix, the dealership should fix your problem. IF you mod DOES affect the part being fixed, the dealership has a right to refuse repairs. Hope this helps.

-Matrix

·
Dont Bang My Compressors
321 Posts
Stav|os said:
wow, talked to my dealership. i lowered my car and now they say i have no warranty on my engine and my suspension. i know i dont have the suspension but i was hoping the warranty on my engine existed. oh well...

:bullshit:
i spoke to my dealer after i had lowered it with sportlines and he said that the warranty will only be voided on suspension components.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts