The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shaving My Shoulders
3,542 Posts
Just about the same as the wrench provided with the jack...

Seriously, I think it's about 21mm, but you might find 13/16 fits better...

·
Firday Misspeller
805 Posts
This size:

Wally-Mart has one that folds up. Under ten bucks.

·
Shaving My Shoulders
3,542 Posts
^Make sure you keep the receipt if you buy one of those X shaped ones: I have one that I have had for three cars now, but the lugs on SE wheels are set deeper into the wheel. The "bell" on the socket won't fit all the way around the lug (with the one that I have).

The only reason I still keep it in the trunk because it serves as a great cheater bar for loosening thos nasty caliper bolts...

·
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd
4,007 Posts
Spark plug socket fits it perfectly. Deep set with the rubber grommet. Doesn't scratch the nut or the finish on the wheel. Nice and tight, too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RIZAMAN said:
^Make sure you keep the receipt if you buy one of those X shaped ones: I have one that I have had for three cars now, but the lugs on SE wheels are set deeper into the wheel. The "bell" on the socket won't fit all the way around the lug (with the one that I have).

Exactly the reason I asked . . . . I had a problem with using a 'standard' deep socket with other cars lug nuts that distorted the 'ball ends' to hell.

So is it 21mm deep socket ?

·
Shaving My Shoulders
3,542 Posts
21mm should be fine - but you won't need a deep one. It's just that the space between the outside of the lug and the wheel is tight, so the big "socket" part of the multi wrench Foot2Floor posted might not fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get some sockets or a measuring tool and check your lug nut size. I have found lug nuts for my 2005 Sentra S 1.8 liter that took 20 mm, 3/4z" or 13/16 sockets. But never a 21 mm yet.

Mine were supposed to take a 20 mm socket, but some jack weed used a 21 mm on them and ruined the lug nuts.

If the socket is loose when you put it on the lug nut, Put that socket away and get the right dang size.

Nice it's only going to cost me $13.83 X 4 plus shipping to replace them because somebody was a dumb ass.

Here are some Made in the USA Lug nuts. Chrome Bulge Cone Seat Style Lug Nut Set (M12 x 1.25 Thread Size) - Set of 4 Lug Nuts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spark plug socket fits it perfectly. Deep set with the rubber grommet. Doesn't scratch the nut or the finish on the wheel. Nice and tight, too.
I would NOT use a sparkplug socket they are not designed for the high torques needed for most wheel lug nuts. You should use a 1/2" drive (breaker bar or torque wrench) 13/16" socket to about 100 Nm (about 75 ft lbs) do not put lube on the nuts or rims.... the torque is specified for dry and clean surfaces.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts