The Nissan Club banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
page 6-5 of the owners manual clearly states 80lbs torque for the lug nuts. It is very important that the torque is correct or you could cause the rotors to warp

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Tweeker: I am pretty sure that my last car, a Z-24, stated 100 ft-lb of torque, in the manual. I replaced the brakes on my sisters Accord 2 days ago and the torque was 80 ft-lbs in the manual.

·
*Donating Member* Member
877 Posts
Talk about resurrecting the dead threads.

Anyway, I am at the point of needing to rotate the tires and of course first went to the FAQ 2002-2003 to find it and no luck. So I had to search and found this thread. Not a bad thing, but maybe one of the mods could put a "Torque Spec" thread in the FAQ. I did not remember the spec in the manual, but then again, it has been months since I read it, and the manual is in the glove box of the car.

In addition to the lug nut torque spec, maybe the FAQ addition could include other commonly used torque specs such as the drain plug, spark plugs, etc.

Just a thought.

·
Life, Liberty, Pursuit of
1,320 Posts
torque

being a mechanic for a nuclear power plant for the last 9 years, i know a little about torque.

umm, a great torque wrench for most of you is a 0-80 ft lb ratcheting "click type" 3/8" torque wrench. Buy a 3/8" to 1/2" drive adapter for it and it can be used for almost everything.

i have that and a 0-250 ft lb one and the only time i need to rent one is on some axle nuts that take 300 ftlb's

Altima ESM says 72-87 ft lb for the wheel lugs, while the wheel chart that Wal Mart tire and lube uses says 75-90 ftlbs.

80 is the target in both cases. remember to check the torque again after driving the car for a day or two as the heat from driving can loosen the lugs.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
mwessinger said:
Talk about resurrecting the dead threads.

Anyway, I am at the point of needing to rotate the tires and of course first went to the FAQ 2002-2003 to find it and no luck. So I had to search and found this thread. Not a bad thing, but maybe one of the mods could put a "Torque Spec" thread in the FAQ. I did not remember the spec in the manual, but then again, it has been months since I read it, and the manual is in the glove box of the car.

In addition to the lug nut torque spec, maybe the FAQ addition could include other commonly used torque specs such as the drain plug, spark plugs, etc.

Just a thought.
This is a damn good idea. I would be willing to help gather specs if on of the mods decided that this is worthwhile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Page 6-7 in my Canadian Owners Manual states, 113 N-m (83ft lbs). A good tip from the manual says its recommended that wheel nuts must be tightened to spec at each lubrication interval.

2013 Nissan Altima SV 3.5

Hope this helps!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts