The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a bit of a search for this topic... but my question hasn't been fully answered... so, here goes...

I've got a '02 2.5S... it came with the 8-way manual cloth seats. However... there is no adjustment for Lumbar. Does the 2.5SL or 3.5SE come with a lumbar adjustment? And if so... does this adjustment move up and down the seat back as well as more/less adjust (a.k.a. push) on the lumbar region of the back.

I question this, because I've been having some complications with my lower back... and I can't seem to adjust the seat for appropriate comfort. I came across one thread where someone complained of poor lumbar comfort. This person had mentioned his/her height was only 5'7. I myself am a short 5'6 to 5'7 and am now wondering if the seat back is ill suited for those of us who are vertically challenged.

If the SL or SE has an adjustable lumbar... it may be advantageous to replace my seat with this one... But only if the lumbar has multiple adjustments... any feedback would be appreciated...

·
enlighten me
904 Posts
My 2.5 s has this lumbar adjustment, with power driver seat. I think it is part of the premium convenience package.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if this adjustment is only available with the power seat option. And I wonder if I have the wiring harness for a power seat already there???

Does this lumbar adjustment move up and down the seat back? Or is it just one that extends out from a stationary point?

·
silver car ownin mofo
156 Posts
bamashawn said:
I wonder if this adjustment is only available with the power seat option. And I wonder if I have the wiring harness for a power seat already there???

Does this lumbar adjustment move up and down the seat back? Or is it just one that extends out from a stationary point?
2nd one.. extends from stationary point

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
The 3.5 has it as well. Not enough IMO, also the passenger seat does not have it which I believe it should.

·
Registered
83 Posts
my 2.5s came with the lumbar support. (only with the convience package) If you look on the right side of the driver's seat you'll see the manual lever that you use to control it. It' kinda sucks...(I thought it would be part of the power seats..but it's not). Try that!

·
Registered
83 Posts
The lumbar support is a POS, ur not missin anything if u don't have it. I neva once touched that POS handel. But in nice cars like My lincoln LS they have power lumbar with like a ballon I guess that blows up, now that the way to have it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2002blackalty3.5se said:
The lumbar support is a POS, ur not missin anything if u don't have it. I neva once touched that POS handel. But in nice cars like My lincoln LS they have power lumbar with like a ballon I guess that blows up, now that the way to have it.

yeah... i had a Caddy that had that. It would also move up and down your back so that you could place the support where you needed it. it worked really well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts