The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
altima/dsm lover4life
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going home last night about midnight in my altima when I spyed in my rear some HIDs coming up fast. I was already in about 4th gear and I slowly sped up to set pace with him. I was feeling confident b/c I just filled my bottle and pressure was over 900 so I said what the hell lets pick on him. Win or lose I knew I would be able to hang with him for atleast a littlebit which would surprise anyone in a 60kplus car driving against an altima.

So we are going I guess about 75mph with nothing but dark open road ahead fuc the cops. We were nose for nose and I sped up and he kept speeding up with me. It was and on throttle off throttle race it just wasn''t wide open all the way down the road lets face it fuc the cops but lets not be dumb. So I let off the throttle and got her to a good speed that I could put her in third. At that point I mashed the throttle (allmotor). I thought it would be unfair to just hit n20 without him being ready, by hitting it allmotor he would easly catchup matter of fact I didn't go anywhere when I hit it. He immediatly started past me when I hit it allmotor. When I hit the n20 I thought I was just gonna stay with him, or that he wouldn't pull on me anymore. To my surprise I walked past his ass like it was nothing.

We did this down 2highways about 1/2hr drive with a few other cars but me and him were the fastest so the others weren't nothing. But everytime he hit it I hit and pulled and I mean just pulled on him like he wasn't doing anything.

We got off at the same exit and stopped at a gas station to fillup. When He got out he was quiet as was I. As we were both filling up I broke the silence and said something about the cops on the road ( another part of this story that would just make it longer no point). And as I said that he just blurrted out "MAN WHAT THE HELL YOU HAVE IN THAT THING"? I was like just alittle something something. He said, alittle something? That was pretty much all he was going to say he has an M3 so I knew he had to hold on to some pride. That was fine with me since I was satisfied with the comment he said anyways which let me know he was in it the whole way.

The end

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Best story of the day/week Quick!

I like how you didn't tell him what you had--you said you saw HIDs so I'm prone to thinking that it was an E46 M3. I guess it could have been an E36, but from the n20 and the engine build up that you have I would think you would walk those in the bus lenghts...

·
Registered
50 Posts
So you sprayed and then you passed him. Big whoop. Hit the twisties then you'll see what that $60,000 went towards.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
very good kill on the m3. sigh.. another "twisties" "what if" comment, forget that, just be impressed that a 2nd gen took a new m3

·
Registered
50 Posts
MaDdFLaSheR said:
very good kill on the m3. sigh.. another "twisties" "what if" comment, forget that, just be impressed that a 2nd gen took a new m3
I'm sorry, but pushing a button doesn't impress me. I feel the same for way for the guy that ran 11.86 @117 mph in a Stage 3 GTI, and had to spray to get it. Had he hit that number without spraying, I'd be impressed. Same goes for this guy, I'd be more impressed if the motor was completely built, turbo'd, SC'd, whatever, and beat an M3. Besides, the M3 wasn't built to run in a straight line.
I was impressed when I saw a turbo VR6 beat a Viper (I posted the video last month). That takes hard work,determination, and skill to build a motor that's capable of achieving those results. If he sprayed, than all that hard work went to nothing.

But hey, I'm not knocking what he did. If he's happy, than that's all that matters:D

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
ok you talked me into it lol

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Iceman18T said:
I'm sorry, but pushing a button doesn't impress me. I feel the same for way for the guy that ran 11.86 @117 mph in a Stage 3 GTI, and had to spray to get it. Had he hit that number without spraying, I'd be impressed. Same goes for this guy, I'd be more impressed if the motor was completely built, turbo'd, SC'd, whatever, and beat an M3. Besides, the M3 wasn't built to run in a straight line.
I was impressed when I saw a turbo VR6 beat a Viper (I posted the video last month). That takes hard work,determination, and skill to build a motor that's capable of achieving those results. If he sprayed, than all that hard work went to nothing.

But hey, I'm not knocking what he did. If he's happy, than that's all that matters:D
why are you so against n2o(whatever its called) ? What the difference between "spraying" and going fast, or "spooling" and going fast? In the end its the same result, and please stop with the what if scenarios...those can be infinite.
But I understand that thats your opinnion, and I'm not trying to create a hostile situation here;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
gunslash said:
why are you so against n2o(whatever its called) ? What the difference between "spraying" and going fast, or "spooling" and going fast? In the end its the same result, and please stop with the what if scenarios...those can be infinite.
But I understand that thats your opinnion, and I'm not trying to create a hostile situation here;)
No hostility taken!:D Well, the difference between the two is massive. I mean, anyone can hook up a tank, wire up a button, and push it to go fast. A turbo is much different. It takes more than just bolting on a turbo. Bigger injectors, ECU reprogramming, an intercooler, new fuel pump, new hardware (studs, bolts, gaskets), bigger downpipe, bigger exhaust, new manifold, and a recirculating valve, (or BOV), are just some of the items you'll need. On top of that, you need to tune everything so that it all works in synch to gain the most out of it. The most major difference is the power gain. Would you rather have a short burst power that dies quickly, or a nice strong, smooth jump in power throughout the RPM range?
Yes, if you perform a cost analysis, the N20 is the cheaper way to go. But, you'll be paying more in the end once your internals start to fry.
I'm not totally against N20, I actually thinks its pretty cool. I'm just not impressed when folks, in general, (not picking on you QuickS97), tell stories about beating faster cars, or getting low times, when it required no skill to acheive those results. Now I'm just rambling.

·
altima/dsm lover4life
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iceman18T said:

What!? I can't believe you just said that. Do you know what I have done to my altima? Let me tell you.

JE bored 40over 10:5.1 pistons
Crower rods
ARP headstud bolts
ARp mainstud bolts
JWT cams
JWT ECu upgrade
Stillen lightenFlyheel
Ported head
Match ported intake
SAFC
STillen Header
Test pipe
Greddy exhaust
MSD timing retard
Mallory ignition upgrade
75shot of Zex dry.

Ok after that let me tell you that I don't care about your comment about the n2o I hear stuff like that everyday and we can go on arguing about whats better n20 or turbo for a life time . But when you try to lecture me about hard work and determination that pisses me off. Check this out.......I HAVE 2 FULLY BUILT RACE CARS. One turbo and the altima is my everyday drive on a shot. Don't tell me about hard work and determination dude I've been on this site for years now researching, buying building.

I street race and I am one of the most respected racers out there GTis beating vipers. My eclipse can do that on 12psi of boost and up the shot on my altima I could buss that viper wide open thanks to my "hardwork and determination".

Don't ever question my heart again.

Hey guys I don't know what year it was M3 I know it was no less than a 2001-02 with HIDs deepdish BMW wheels and M3 badges. Thats the m3s I see all the time on the road so I guess it was a E36.

Madflasher-I'm a 1st gen

·
Registered
50 Posts
QuickS97 said:
But when you try to lecture me about hard work and determination that pisses me off. Check this out.......I HAVE 2 FULLY BUILT RACE CARS. One turbo and the altima is my everyday drive on a shot. Don't tell me about hard work and determination dude I've been on this site for years now researching, buying building.

Don't ever question my heart again.

Take a deep breath and relax.

Well I don't remember lecturing you on your hard work and determination, I was speaking in general.....but whatever. After all, you did say that you beat that M3 AFTER you hit the button. Beat that same M3 without pushing that button, and I'll be impressed. I am impressed at what you have done to your car. That does show hard work and determination.

I'm glad to hear that you are an enthusiast at heart though.
Have any links to your race cars?

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
altima/dsm lover4life
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still untuned Need to take it to the dyno to get a 30psi run b4 I take her to the track. Right now I'm only boosting 12 which is off the wastegate.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i hear the argument about bringing NOS into the picture and changing things- but still a new m3 is a mid 13 second car- his altima had to be flying to beat that m3- and that is impressive. Although yes it was not done N/A or even FI

1 - 20 of 29 Posts